Forums » Singles' Discussion

she wants wedding in her parish

• 7 posts
    February 3, 2015 12:59 AM CET
    I hail from Enugu and she hails from Ogun but lives with her parents in Akure while I live in Minna. We started 4years ago when I had nothing. She has waited all this time patiently even when my family objected due to cultural and language differences. Now everything is set but she insists that wedding must be at her parish in Akure as an honour to her parents. This is really threatening everything we worked for because I want the wedding in Minna. Please I need advice
    • 1 posts
    February 3, 2015 8:00 AM CET

If u reli love her it won't hurt u going 2 her place to marry her her culture says a man has to get married in dwife churc ma culture says I marry in ma husband's church bt d fact dat e is yoruba e has 2 come to ma place if she was able to stand by u wen u had noting i would expect u stand by her @ dis time Bside it's a one day tin afta which u won't b going 2 her church bt she will b attending urs.

• February 3, 2015 9:08 AM CET

I think you should oblige her, some cultures makes it compulsory for the husband to marry their daughter from her church. I am Ibo but people from my side practice that too. After the weeding she is all yours and it won't hurt you unless you are looking for an excuse to leave her. Now that would be a different kettle of fish all together. I think you should compromise on her behalf and she isn't really asking a lot IMO.

• February 3, 2015 5:12 PM CET

ITS YOUR DUTY TO GO TO HER PLACE AND PARTICULARLY WHERE HER PARENTS RESIDES AND MARRY HER FROM THERE!

• 22 posts
    February 3, 2015 5:43 PM CET
    She is a yoruba girl, that's what's obtainable from her side, if you want to marry a yoruba girl, you will do all the rites in her side, then after the wedding she's yours. My first cousin,a yoruba lady married an Ibo guy, allbwas done at our place, so you are not the first. This is no issue at all.
    • 35 posts
    February 3, 2015 5:58 PM CET

If she's Yoruba, in fact most cultures requir that u marry the girl from her church and the home she grew up in. It's really selfish to say it's threatenin everything u two have because of what you want, which is even against her culture. 

• 212 posts
    February 4, 2015 5:17 PM CET
    Judging from what you said,its obvious she loves you and she has been there for you. Well,most of the time the wedding is done in the ladies church. I actually do not know why. But if you say she has been with you through rough times and then you know she would now worship in your church from henceforth,having the wedding in her church should not be a problem. Many persons call it the last respect to her family church.She said she wants to honour her parents,which is a good reason.I think its a small matter. She is yours after the wedding and would attend your church forever as God wills. Please don't make this issue colossal.
    • 7 posts
    February 6, 2015 1:12 AM CET

I thank God brought this issue here. I just got an education,thank you all.