Forums » Couples

Am i wrong?

• 1 posts
    January 13, 2015 11:54 AM CET

Please is it Proper to engage in Jeru trips during Fasting and prayer? I am a newly wed and my church just started their 21 days fasting and prayer. i have been avoiding jeru trips with my husband and he seems to be unhappy about it. am i doing anything wrong? Thanks.

• January 13, 2015 1:25 PM CET

Well I think it depends on ur personal conviction,especially now that u are newly married. But staying out of Jeru trip biblically especialy in d old testament was meant for or a sign of spiritual cleansing and separation in other  to seek God more and avoid distractions

• 1 posts
    January 14, 2015 4:24 PM CET

wrong.there should ba an agreement between you too to stay off jeru trips for a period, not you alone taking the decision.the bible says do not defraud.\

• January 15, 2015 7:54 AM CET
    As a newly wed I tink u should agree on it! Denying it @ dis stage is so unhealthy for ur marriage!
    • 3 posts
    January 15, 2015 8:14 AM CET
    Efosa Enemali you are not alone on this, its a question that has been bothering me since the begining of this year, I wish for a more empirical anwser...
    • 20 posts
    January 15, 2015 2:11 PM CET
    @All: Please,what is 'Jeru trips'?

‪#Quick‬Downloads™101
    • 1 posts
    January 15, 2015 5:34 PM CET

Fasting and jeru trips huh. Well it depends on your conviction and the understanding of ur spouse. If ur spouse is ready to abstain fine, but if not the two of you have to reach a compromise that will not affect you spiritually. You can go on d trip in the evenings after the fast or is absolute fast?

The Holy Spirit will teach and guide you IJN

• January 15, 2015 7:25 PM CET
    Your husband should be spiritual enough 2 know it is a time of seeking God's face. After-all is just 21days. It's time for him to prove the head by enduring certain things. But for the sake of peace u may give in. Numbers 6 says d man should separate from pleasure and jeru trip z pleasurable,let him be ware of this. God bls ur home.
    • 14 posts
    January 15, 2015 11:31 PM CET
    If u must have it should be after breaking in d evening. And nt after midnight cos by then it's already a new day 4d fast. I had d same issue as u but d Holy Spirit just enlightened me abt dt. I tot since it's not yet 6am in d new day one can have Jeru trip but HE asked me if I eat at dt time will I still consider my fasting a real one in d morning?! So I adjust. If u can abstain 4d 21days good, but if not make it after u break in d evening. It's well.
    • 1 posts
    January 16, 2015 7:32 AM CET
    Even some churches exempted newly weds, pregnant women and nursing mothers from the declared general fast but if you insist, your partner must be fully aware of it and in support to abstain.
  • January 16, 2015 9:26 AM CET
    Abstaining from sex is permissible for a period of time if you both agree to it, and if it's for the purposes of prayer and fasting—but only for such times. That's 1 Cor 7:5, MSG. Abstinence should be discussed and agreed upon (if necessary,a compromise reached between husband and wife) BEFORE the fasting period starts. If not hubby might become stubborn and insistent on sex. In the context of your plight,I won't condemn either wrong or right. Pls sit your husband down and discuss it. Apologize for taking a family decision without seeking his permission first,and now agree on which day wud be 'off-fasting' Jeru-trips day. Fasting at the expense of peace and harmony in your home is a mere religious exercise. Shalom
  • January 16, 2015 9:43 AM CET
    Pastor Dunamis,pls permit me to react to Bro Nwobodo Christopher's post. I would try hard not to be judgemental. Bros! I disagree with your post. Pastor usually says ones eyes might be red,not with anointing,bt bcos of sexual pressure. If I and my wife are in the same house,I can never never abstain for 21 days without Jeru Trips bcos I love her! Simple! There's sexual pressure everywhere,its only in my home that am free to express my urge and get some sanity back. Ladies outside wear skimpy dresses,I control myself. Should I control mysef when my wife also wears her normal spag-and-miniskirt-without-bra-and-panties nightwear? Haba!
  • January 16, 2015 12:28 PM CET
    I have jeru trip with my husband most times at night after we might have break our fast cos he's also fasting and its 40days.I cants abstain for the whole of that 40days.so I don't tink its wrong.Especially for newly married like us.Our marriage is 6months.
  • January 16, 2015 4:12 PM CET
    I believe there's nothing wrong with having jeru trips after we break our fast,afterall we are married and it's no longer a sin and that doesn't mean my husband is not spiritual enough.