Forums » Couples

How can you pray for a spouse you are bitter against?

• February 12, 2015 6:38 AM CET

How can you pray for a spouse you are bitter against? My husband has hurt me badly and he is still hurting me. I find it difficult to pray for him. I am being truthful. What can I do?

• February 12, 2015 2:48 PM CET

You have to forgive him. His progress is your progress. Fprgiveness is needed for your prayers to be answered. Pray for him by starting. It will be hard initailly, but as you persisit, you will find it easier. It is something you have to do.

• 73 posts
    May 19, 2016 12:17 PM CEST
    To add to the Pastor’s advice my sister, you need to realise that he is your flesh and blood and that anything that affects him affects you too so, kindly find a place in your golden heart and forgive him. Ask God for the grace to pray and for a clean heart and a contrite Spirit. He will definitely give you

My late husband once angered me so well that l felt so embittered. Because it seriously weighed me down, and seriously affected my prayer life l had to summon courage and invited his elder brother who is a pastor. I told him everything he did and surprisingly my late husband in course of explaining himself when asked shedded tears. I forgave him and began praying for him and with him. Look for someone he respects and invite him/her it may help as it helped me. Goodluck beloved sis-in-the-Lord.
    • 2 posts
    June 11, 2016 3:10 PM CEST
    It's hard to pray for someone when you're angry or he's hurt u. But that's exactly what God wants us to do. If He ask us to pray for our enemies, how much more should we be praying for the person with whom we have become one? Something amazing happens to our hearts when we pray for another person. The hardness melts. We become able to get beyond the hurts, and forgive. We even end up loving the person d more