Forums » Singles' Discussion

He started cheating since we stopped jeru trip

• May 6, 2016 6:28 AM CEST
    We started dating way back in the university and we've decided we would be getting married very soon. We do have jeru trap but I was never pleased with it as it affects my conscience. So I decided we stopped jeru trap and all of a sudden I discovered he started cheating on me so much that I caught him. Please advise me on what to do because I don't want to lose him.

This post was edited by Akinbulu Oluwatomilola Oluwatomisin at May 6, 2016 9:32 AM CEST
    • 48 posts
    May 6, 2016 9:48 AM CEST
    You don't want to loose him, but that cheating habit will continue to reflect in your marriage since he is not willing to wait.
    You need to prayerfully talk to him about it and also seek counsel from your mentor or pastor.
    If he is not willing to wait then let him go because i don't think that you are ready to endure marriage with an unfaithful partner.
  • May 6, 2016 10:27 AM CEST
    My dear sis, i'll advice 2 just end d relationship with him, God might be telling u something here cos HE knows who's best for us, I know it might be hard for u cos u er in love but anybody that won't make you obey God is not worth it, remember we'll all give account of how we spent our lives on earth, pls think about your salvation and future, don't live for today alone
  • May 6, 2016 10:27 AM CEST
    My dear sis, i'll advice 2 just end d relationship with him, God might be telling u something here cos HE knows who's best for us, I know it might be hard for u cos u er in love but anybody that won't make you obey God is not worth it, remember we'll all give account of how we spent our lives on earth, pls think about your salvation and future, don't live for today alone
    • 73 posts
    May 6, 2016 10:38 AM CEST
    Marriage agreement between the two of you is not enough for you to start crying of not wanting to loose him. Have you talked with God? Has He shown you he is the right one for you? These are some questions you must consider. Truly l had Jeru trap with my late husband before we got married, it's not a good one but l'm being sincere here. When we realize we were doing the wrong thing and stopped like you did what we did was depend on God entirely to help us tie the nut first before we encure the wroth of God. We stayed our separate ways but kept praying before God in His infinite mercy did it and we got married happily. We were able to achieve that because we were sure we were meant for each other. So, go back to God, if the guy really loves you like he claims, pray along with him that will even help him stay away from other girls but if he persists then run because if you don't loose him like you said, be sure not to try stopping him when he finally marries you. Pray more beloved. Goodluck!
  • May 6, 2016 11:26 AM CEST

First, I thank God that you eventually got the courage to end jeru trap. But what you need to know is, did he really agree with you in that decision, did you take it alone, or he just wanted to satisfy you at that moment? Also, looking beyond your feelings for him, is he sober about the cheating and truly willing to change? If yes, then I'll suggest that you first put a hold on the marriage plans, both of you should have a spiritual head/mentor guide your relationship, while continually fine tuning your relationship with God. Then, set boundaries together and you both be committed to keeping those boundaries.

However, if the answer to those questions is NO, then you already have all the clue you need to walk.

• 212 posts
    May 9, 2016 7:34 PM CEST

He has been cheating on you before now.It did not start today. The decision is yours. Stay with him ad keep having sex to keep him and move on and stay in sexual purity and trust God to bring a man to you

• May 11, 2016 7:25 AM CEST

You mean to tell me that you don't want to loose the guy that's not yours yet, whom you even caught cheating on you!?

Don't you know that is a rehearsal for an adulterous life in marriage!?

And the last time I checked, ppl do rehearsal so that they can perform brilliantly to the maximum during the live performance.
    That means, it goes worse than this in marriage.

You can't keep him with Jeru trap! Let him go! His name is Abegnego!

PS: He's not born again. Yeahs! you heard me, he is an unbeliever. Spirit of Christ wil not do that!

This post was edited by Olawale John Courtesy OLAGUNJU at May 11, 2016 7:25 AM CEST