Forums » Singles' Discussion

He has kept me waiting for seven years

• February 23, 2015 6:30 AM CET

Dear KHCites kindly advise me. I love my man but he has kept me waiting for seven years and he kept saying we would soon marry. Every year, he keeps postponing and I have caught him cheating two times. What should I do? 

• 212 posts
    February 23, 2015 7:56 AM CET
    I feel like crying.7 years chunked out of a woman's life is serious.you know you should leave, you problem is you feel you have spent much time and investment to leave. He would keep cheating. Really painful
  • February 23, 2015 8:19 AM CET
    Dear sister,you know what to you but fear kept holding you back.the early you leave him and stop wasting your time the better... Or give him an ultimatum and if he didn't make any move then I beg you to run and not move.. God will give you the strength you need to stand firm and you will be glad you did.. Seven years isn't 7 month, act fast ... Stay blessed
  • February 23, 2015 9:07 AM CET

I am sorry to say... You have kept yourself waiting for 7 years, time to do some serious soul searching

1. Why do you love him?

2. Why did he cheat?

3. What are his reasons for postponing?

One valid truth about guys... If they are not ready to settle down, only a miracle can change their mindset.

You know what you must do, so get it done already. 7yrs is a long time, but its not long enough to ruin your future for.

Be guided.

• 44 posts
    February 23, 2015 9:17 AM CET

It's bad enough for him to have wasted your precious time for 7 years but cheating on you twice is even worse. Am sorry to say but your "Man" is a perfect example of a time waster. What has been his excuse for postponing the marriage all these time?

You really want to know what to do? BREAK THE RELATIONSHIP AND MOVE ON.

• K T
    • 19 posts
    February 23, 2015 3:33 PM CET

My dear, the only solution I think is that you should MOVE ON WITH YOUR LIFE. If he could not make a decision within 7years, I can assure you that he will never take a decision to marry you seven years after now. Why delay yourself? Why waste your youthful time? Oh dear, you've got so many great dreams you could have realized within these 7years.

I don't even think you should get married to him. Peradventure he marries you, he might at the long run claim that you force him into the marriage or not stop cheating. Just forget about him (though, this might not be easy), but with the help of the Holy Spirit, you can and move on with your precious life.

• 3 posts
    February 23, 2015 6:10 PM CET
    So sad and pathetic! The worst thing any lady could ever do to herself is to make a man feel her world and existence starts and end with him. That she's all his to do whatever he likesy with. Why will he marry you when you have already made yourself his wife? Why buy a good already at your disposal? This really shows you lack self worth. My dear, quit that self slavery you have willingly put yourself into, else you will never see or enter into God's plan for your marital life, pls quit and don't look back. Stop helping him to waste yyour precious time.
    • 3 posts
    February 23, 2015 6:14 PM CET
    So sad and pathetic! The worst thing any lady can ever do to herself is to make a man feel her world and existence starts and ends with him. That she's all his to do whatever he likes with. Why will he marry you when you have already made yourself his wife? Why buy a good already at your disposal? This really shows you lack self worth. My dear, quit that self slavery you have willingly put yourself into, else you will never see or enter into God's plan for your marital life, please quit and don't look back. Stop helping him to waste your precious time.
    This post was edited by diana irogue at February 23, 2015 6:19 PM CET