Forums » Singles' Discussion

I want a man that is romantic and spiritual

• January 19, 2015 6:40 AM CET

I want a man that is romantic and spiruitual as well. When a guy comes up that is spiritual, it would turn out he is not romantic. When a guy comes up that is romantic, he will not be spiritual. What can I do? Should I forgo one quality for the other?

This post was edited by Pastor Dunamis Okunowo at January 19, 2015 6:42 AM CET
  • January 19, 2015 7:04 AM CET

No. My advice is that you tell God our Father what you desire in a mate. Delight yourself also in the Lord and He shall give you the desires of your heart (Psalms 37:4). It is very important that you trust the Lord and that you put Him first. He knows what you want. Trust and serve Him and He will take care of you.

• January 19, 2015 7:10 AM CET
    Trust in The Lord with all your heart,lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He shall direct your path.
  • January 19, 2015 11:52 AM CET

let me start by saying you have good wishes. But one thing i have come to understand is that one should priortize our wishes. I want to advise that spiritual aspect should come first in the considering a life partner and romance can then follow. You don't need to forgo any of your wishes because your father in heaven understand all. And in another way, most people doesn't want to show their romantic side immediately but once they are sure and satisfy with what they are seeing with you in relationship, they tend to show that side and you will be surprise in that aspect. But in all pray to God to direct you and ask holy spirit to speak the mind of God to you. All will be well

• January 19, 2015 5:45 PM CET

Put it into the hands of God and pray earnestly too. God will open your eyes because He is not an author of confusion.

• 3 posts
    January 19, 2015 6:13 PM CET

Been Romantic Can be earned with no struggle and you dont need to frets on that. but been Spiritual is a task, which many youth and single are still striving with. If the one spiritual come your way you better stick like glue. If is not romantic you dont need to fast and pray but if he or she is not spiritual you neeed to enagage in spiritual execise for example fasting.  As good as fasting and prayer is for we believer it always a task for us. shallom.

• 212 posts
    January 19, 2015 6:27 PM CET
    What do you call romantic? Well, spirituality should not be traded. If he is spiritual, he can work on being expressive.if he then can't meet your love language and you are frustrated,my dear tendencies are that how he is. So it depends on how you feel about him. Don't trade both just ensure he gat the romance in some quota
    • 1 posts
    January 19, 2015 11:20 PM CET
    Lol.... Romantic vs spiritual. A person in relationship with Christ will learn how to be romantic gradually the more d person stays in His presence because of the experience of his Love... So don't worry in spirituality(Christ) there is #romance#(perfect romance)....... More than we can think
    • 3 posts
    January 21, 2015 8:27 AM CET
    I believe a spiritual man already knows what the word of God says about loving and caring for your help mate. And it is the duty of the spiritual man to make his wife feel on top of the world at all times. Except you are referring to a different kind of romance
    • 16 posts
    January 30, 2015 5:47 AM CET
    It depends on your definition of romantic. It is my belief that once a person is properly spiritual, when the Lord is living in him. It will show, especially in romance.

It is true that most of us men have a hard time expressing ourselves but be patient with us. We'll get there.

And talk. Talk. Talk. My problem with most women is that they expect a guy to just get it. We don't. We are different creatures. If you want a guy to be romantic it has to start with you. You must show love to him as well. You must talk to him about love languages and the like. Even when the Lord was trying to show us what love is, He did it by action. He gave up his own son on the cross.

• 16 posts
    January 30, 2015 5:49 AM CET
    I didn't even answer the question. If you are going to choose between being spiritual or a romantic please choose spiritual. Romance can be taught by you being spiritual cannot.