Forums » Couples

My wife hates cooking

• July 6, 2015 7:46 AM CEST

My wife hates cooking. It has caused a lot of fight. I go hungry most times or end up preparing my food by myself and she has refused to change. What should I do?

• 212 posts
    July 6, 2015 6:48 PM CEST

I am not married and may not understand this in its entirety but i think you should be patient with her,show her love and then sit and have a deep talk with her without nagging or fault finding. She would understand. You two should be able to come to a conclusion and make each other happy.

• 1 posts
    July 7, 2015 3:54 PM CEST
    Did she cook before you married her?
    • 194 posts
    March 16, 2016 8:22 AM CET

I am quite sure you were aware of this issue before marriage but you persisted either thinking she will change or you will find your way out.

Please, dont let this issue encourage fights and gradual resentment/hatred for your wife. The only reasonable solution is to get a maid/cook.

Just accept her and keep praying for her. Also you can talk to her mother, maybe she can help talk to her daughter.

Above all, pls remeber your marriage is beyond food/cooking, so preserve the love and friendship.

• 8 posts
    June 8, 2016 6:46 PM CEST
    <p>something that wasnt visible during courtship, will be hard to get when married. my pastor calls it missionary marriage. anyways, with patience and love, enroll her in a cookery school...</p>