Forums » Singles' Discussion

Marry a brother that I am not in love with?

• August 10, 2015 7:54 AM CEST

What is the best thing for me to do? My pastor is insisting that I should marry a brother that I am not in love with. Should  I leave the church?

• 60 posts
    August 10, 2015 11:58 AM CEST
    Before your pastor will insist, you guys must have been in a relationship, even at that he can't impose a brother on u, if u are saying of connecting you guys into a relationship, that's understandable, you can just play along for some weeks and tell him its not working as you guys are not meant to be together. Your pastor should know better that marriage is not a one day thing where you meet and you get married the next day. But make it clear to us here, have you been in a relationship with him before and suddenly you want out? If that is the case, then go to your pastor and explain thing, remember they watch over you as they that will give account. Leaving the church creating a bad precedence, this should be the last. No pastor should compel a member to marry an individual but we should help make their assignment easier
    This post was edited by Akaninwor Young at August 10, 2015 12:26 PM CEST
  • August 11, 2015 1:24 PM CEST

I totally agree with Akaniwor Young

• 6 posts
    August 11, 2015 2:45 PM CEST
    My dr, marraige is no childs play. U cant compromise on this one, this has to do with ur happiness and its a life long commitment. If ur sure u dont love him, den dont marry him. U have d right to b happy, just tell the pastor u cant and give him reasons y, u dont have to live the church
    • 212 posts
    August 12, 2015 12:34 PM CEST

open your eye and run. Marriage is a decsion you make and be ready to bear the consequence. You cannot mary someone who you are not attracted to and it your marriage not your pastor's. He can suggest a person but not force. Please stay out a relationship you are not happy with and seek God.

• September 21, 2015 9:11 AM CEST
    Funny, your pastor is forcing a brother you don't love on you, Sis, love is very important in marriage, Even if God is leading you to a person you don't love, your first prayer point to God is ability to love that person or else, things won't just work. And also what is important to know is that why is the pastor imposing the brother on you, did he see a revelation or what? Sis you need to pray your way out.
  • September 21, 2015 9:14 AM CEST
    Funny, your pastor is forcing a brother you don't love on you, Sis, love is very important in marriage, Even if God is leading you to a person you don't love, your first prayer point to God is ability to love that person or else, things won't just work. And also what is important to know is that why is the pastor imposing the brother on you, did he see a revelation or what? Sis you need to pray your way out.
  • September 21, 2015 9:16 AM CEST