Forums » Faith Lift with Tunde Afe

Unforgiveness:The Biggest Enemy Of Faith! Part 2

• 58 posts
    August 20, 2015 8:20 AM CEST

Unforgiveness:The Biggest Enemy Of Faith!

Part Two.

My dear friend, I like to remind you again this morning that your faith life will not work properly if you are not walking in love because Faith works by love!

If your mountain keeps standing there in the same old place, you are not receiving what you are praying for, and your faith is not working, the problem is not with God!

Ephesians 4:26 says you shouldn’t let the sun go down on your wrath. What does that mean? One translation says, “Don’t let the sun go down finding you nursing a grudge.” This is where the devil has his greatest opportunity to hinder your faith.

Ephesians 4:27 continues, “Neither give place to the devil.” If the devil has any place in your life, you gave it to him! You might not have known what you were doing, or you might have given him place through negligence or ignorance.

Negligence means you refused to exercise your authority as a believer. In other words, you refused to do what is right. Another way the devil gets into believer's lives is through disobedience. You know what the Word said, and you refused to do it. Therefore, you opened the door to the devil.

Now let's take a look at Joseph's life, a perfect example of forgiveness:

Joseph is the greatest illustration of God’s promotion. He had many opportunities for offense during his life. His brothers cast him into a pit and sold him into slavery. In Egypt, Potiphar’s wife falsely accused him of rape and the man he helped get out of prison refused to speak up for him (Gen. 37, 39, and 40).

Joseph could have turned into a bitter, mean, and frustrated man. However, the Bible says that while he was in prison, Joseph willingly did whatever the jailer needed with all of his might. So even while he was in prison. Joseph kept on working as unto the Lord and he never got bitter.

God brought Joseph out of prison, turned the whole situation around, and made him ruler over all of Egypt. Eventually his brothers came to Egypt. They bowed before him begging to buy food in the middle of a severe drought.

He could have said, “I’ve got a chance to get you back now for what you did to me 20 years ago,” but he never held that grudge. Instead, he told his brothers, “What you meant for evil God turned for my good. Now I can be a blessing to you.”

Joseph was promoted by God, but if he had let unforgiveness and bitterness enter his heart, God could never have taken him where He needed him to go as ruler of Egypt.

My dear friend, you need to guard against offenses because they will come.

Life is not fair, but God is good. Glory to God!

It is a resoundingly blessed day for you in Jesus name!

WePrevail by His Word!

• August 26, 2015 1:31 PM CEST

Grace! Grace!! Grace!!!

God bless you sir.