Forums » Sophia's Forum

6 ways not to fall in love carelessly

• 93 posts
    August 24, 2015 8:22 AM CEST
    Many people fall victims of allowing their emotions run wild and out of control. Any thing left out of control will always wreck havoc. Your emotions were created to be managed and put under control.. Your emotions are feelings which change every time and so are too fickle to allow to be in control. Some people have allowed their emotions to be in control of their decisions and have regrets to show for it. Decisions of any kind are to be taken following our logical mind and ultimately following our heart, intuition or spirit. The problem is that many people have not learnt over time to develop or allow their heart gain ascendancy over their emotions.

You are not meant to fall in love anyhow. Some people feel it's not possible to control your feelings. It is very possible. You don't do all you feel like doing all of the time, do you? If you feel like screaming at a presidential dinner, do you go ahead and scream? No, you simply control your emotions because you don't want to mess yourself up. You know the regrets of that action weighs far more than your desire to express that feeling. Your logic and mind tells you, ' Relax, don't try that now'. And of cause you obey.

Here are 6 things to help you not to fall in love carelessly.

1. Understand your feeling are temporal and subject to change.
    The way you are feeling now is not the absolute truth because that feeling may change. You can't 100% trust your feeling. You may feel badly in love with a lady or guy now, But remember that feeling can change.

2. You cannot fall in love at first sight.
    Some think falling in love at first sight is a divine sign, no it is not. You can have a knowing (your heart telling you) that this person will be your spouse, (like it happened to my husband), but you can't love a person at first sight. What you can have is attraction. Yes, you can have attraction at first sight, and Yes, attraction can lead to love. What I am saying is you have to subject your feelings or attraction to check.

3. Don't mistake attraction for love.
    That you are strongly attracted to someone does not mean you love them and definitely does not mean you have a future together. Attraction is simply based on admiration. Someone possessing physical, material or whatever kind of attribute you admire or consider lovely. You don't take a permanent decision based on a temporary thing.

4. Love takes time to develop.
    Love requires time. You need to grow to love a person because you get to know and understand the person more with time. Love is a decision. A decision to stick with a person no matter what, under every situation. Love is stronger than feelings even though you cannot love without feelings. Feelings can not be removed from love but love is stronger.

5. Understand the higher dimension of purpose and destiny.
    Understanding purpose and the fact that you are created to fulfill a destiny is a great guide into helping you fall in love with care. Once you are aware of the fact that marriage is a covenant and the person you have in your life can alter the course of your life, you want to be more careful and seek God to help you. Many people will be unable to fulfill their destiny to the fullest because of wrong choice of marital partner ( am not saying that is the only reason for unfulfilled destiny). You simple cannot afford or allow your emotions to dictate and run wild. It may lead you to ruins.

6. Give your emotions to God.
    By virtue of some peoples temperament they may find it more difficult to manage their emotions. My greatest advise will be that you give God your emotions. God's word says lean not to your own understanding, trust God with the whole of your heart. Give God your emotions,tell him to control and manage it for you. Don't assume you gave your emotions to Him while you didn't or are still in charge. This was exactly what I did years back as a young girl. I simply told God to help me, I didn't want to fall in love with the wrong person or mistake attraction for love. You know what He did help me. He can help you too, just trust in Him and be willing to obey and follow Him.
    God bless you.

This post was edited by Pastor Dunamis Okunowo at August 25, 2015 4:56 PM CEST
  • August 25, 2015 4:56 PM CEST
    I am truly blessed with this message
  • August 26, 2015 1:51 PM CEST

Amen!!! I am blessed greatly.

God bless you MAMA!