Forums » Faith Lift with Tunde Afe

What's on Your Mind?

• 58 posts
    August 28, 2015 7:13 AM CEST

Philippians 4:8-9 [MSG]

8] Summing it all up, friends, I’d say you’ll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse.
    9] Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies.

Have you ever been driving down the road, and noticed something out of the window that catches your eye, and you find yourself steering in that direction? The longer you look at it, the more your car begins to veer off in that direction without you realizing it.

Quickly, you jerked the car back on the road and everyone in the car gets all shook up. This distraction caused you to get off course, and steer towards the thing you were looking at, nearly causing a wreck!

That's an example of what happens in our minds with our thoughts.

Whatever your thoughts are most focused on, will determine the direction of your life. If your thoughts are unhealthy, ungodly and uncontrolled, they could eventually wreck or destroy your life and possibly everyone close to you.

We all have thoughts. They are constantly there. They control your moods, your self-image, your lifestyle, your choices, your destiny. It is known as the battle between your ears. Your thoughts are so powerful that they can control every thing in your life for either the good or the bad.

We are living in the end times, and Satan is trying his utmost to deceive Christians in every area that he can. He's doing this primarily through people's thought life.

Satan lives for one reason. Jesus said in John 10:10 ... "the thief cometh not, but for to steal, and to kill, and to destroy..." Satan is focused on destroying your life. He is determined to keep God's will from coming to pass in your life. His strategy is simple - deception. He wants to deceive you into dropping your weapons, thinking wrong thoughts, desiring wrong things.

BUT - we have the authority to cast him out and to pull down each and every one of his strongholds (2 Cor. 10:5). We must stop allowing the devil to get away with what he has been getting away with in our minds.

Let me ask you today - what is on your mind? What controls your thoughts throughout the day? Do you line up your thoughts with the Word of God? How about your imagination? Are your thoughts mostly good or evil?

Begin to think on God's Word. Begin to think on what God says about you. Think on things that are true, honest, just, pure, lovely, and of good report (Phil. 4:8).

Don't let the devil has his way with your thought life today.

Stay in the Word, think on the Word.

It's a resoundingly blessed day for you!

WePrevail by His Word!

• August 28, 2015 4:18 PM CEST

Hallelujah!! I STAY IN THE WORD AND I THINK ON THE WORD! Glory!!!!

God bless you sir.