Forums » Singles' Discussion

I have not been able to forgive her

• August 31, 2015 8:01 AM CEST

She collected all my money promising marriage. I practically sponsored her to school. I am a business man. She later said it cannot work because I didn't finish University. I feel so cheated. and I have not been able to forgive her since it happened three years ago. She is married now while I am still wifeless. Please help!

• 212 posts
    August 31, 2015 1:01 PM CEST

oh nooo. This s so pianful. I am really sorry this happened. At this point only God can help you to forgive and release her.Unforgiveness is like posion you drink but expect the other person to die. Let it go. You need to do delibrate forgiveness. Learn from where you made mistakes and take your own blame. Also as a believer,all thing works together for your good and  if she left then there is someone else for you but you may not meet her with this hurt and if you do you may treat her wrong because you have not forgone the past hurt. Please prayerfully let it go. You cannot do anything as it stands now. My prayer is God would strengthen you and give you a woman of virtue as a consolation.

This post was edited by Bimbola Olumoba at August 31, 2015 1:33 PM CEST
    • 60 posts
    September 3, 2015 11:11 PM CEST
    There are two places a believer should not be found, unforgivingness/hatred, habitual sin, and living in the past. As painful as it may be, you condemned to forgive and move on, life doesn't end with her and what she has done, see it as a seed which God will pay you back. Make sure you stay positive and expectant. There is more to life than just marriage, let God and His love be your focus. Have a vision for life and run with it and you won't know when all of what you've been through will disappear. God is all you need
    • 13 posts
    September 5, 2015 5:06 PM CEST
    By not forgiving,you are carrying a burden,let it go,you can start by praying for her wellbeing,unforgiveness hinders our prayers before God,ask God for the strenght to forgive her.God bless you