Forums » Singles' Discussion

Family disagreement

• 16 posts
    September 1, 2015 5:09 PM CEST
    Please ur candid advice needed.
    A relationship of 1yr dis month,in preparations for introduction the boy's brothers said no that he should nt marry the girl cause she is not frm deir state dat dey dnt hav same culture,but the boy is insisting dat he must marry the girl,what do u tink dey should do?
    • 18 posts
    September 1, 2015 5:22 PM CEST

Marriage is not about ethnic group or background. what matter most is, is your partner a son or daughter of God? have you pray and God is saying go ahead? do you look at your partner and you can see the compatibility? are you a friend of each other?. If all these are yes, then you is that to no to their relationship. they can go ahead. but if most of the question is not yes. i can see a broken home in nearest future.

• 16 posts
    September 1, 2015 5:28 PM CEST
    @dupe tnx for ur reply,all wat u asked YES.but u knw ask a man coming for a wife he nids his family to accompany him and u knw whn he comes alone d wife's family will nt agree dats whr d probs is nw,dey dnt want to follow him rilly frustrating the boy.
    This post was edited by joyce okuhon at September 1, 2015 5:47 PM CEST
    • 16 posts
    September 1, 2015 6:39 PM CEST
    Bro Dupe wat do u advice dis person to do at dis tym?
    • 10 posts
    September 2, 2015 9:18 AM CEST
    There's nothing prayer can not do, I will say both partner should fast and pray about it and cast every spirit of disagreement. I believe the situation will turn out for their good.
    • 212 posts
    September 2, 2015 11:47 AM CEST

You said the boy's brother.how about his parents. If the parents are on his side,let him go ahead. Butif the whole family is against the marriage,then I would advise he hold on a while. Please are they born again? If they are ,they can hold on a little while and go into warefare prayers and I bet you,there will be breakthrough. Tribal difference should not be a reason to stop a marriage. I personally would not want to start a marriage that would bring strife n the family. Let them pray earnestly and hold on a little longer. It is better the family reluctantly agree than not to agree at all.

• 16 posts
    September 2, 2015 6:52 PM CEST
    @bimbola tnx for ur reply,both parent are old kinda nt too strong again and d sisters are in support of d marriage,but the sisters dnt want a situation dey accompany him d family will be divided,jst the brothers are bent on he must marry frm deir village cos d brothers are rich and hav evry say in d family and both partners(the boy and girl) are born again.
    This post was edited by joyce okuhon at September 2, 2015 6:54 PM CEST
  • September 2, 2015 9:21 PM CEST
    The heart of a king is in the hands of God, he turneth it the way he wishes, only God can change the heart of the man's brothers. The intending couple need to be patient and pray their way to victory.
    • 60 posts
    September 2, 2015 11:55 PM CEST
    Nothing good comes cheap or easy, God being in it doesn't mean the wicked one will not show up, he did at the wedding in canaan but it ended bringing glory to God, so they should have it in mind, its for a testimony that will not only glorify God but help someone some day. Hold on to the word God has given for your marriage, but while they pray, there must be an elder who the brothers listens to and obey, who believes that marriage is by Gods direction and will and not tribe, say he has a different view from the brothers and let the elder talk with the brothers. God is still God
    This post was edited by Akaninwor Young at September 3, 2015 11:43 PM CEST