Forums » Awakening Love and Purity

ON MY WAY TO DAMASCUS: FROM FANATIC TO KINGDOM REALITY

• 119 posts
    January 30, 2015 8:33 AM CET

If you're like me who does'nt trust the information you get from people until you're certain they have an encounter with Jesus. Here is the story of my encounter with Jesus.

My mum is from a christian home (baptist) but she made the unfortunate mistake  of choosing fame and wealth over righteousness but then you can't blame her, my dad is a real charmer!

My dad is a respected muslim but he isn't really the serious type. I personally enrolled myself into  quaranic school. I acquired all sort of arabic knowledge  but I was never satisfy, in my quest for deeper knowledge, I began to notice some loopholes in the Islamic system. Some things didn't just add up but the more questions I asked the less answers I get. Out of curiosity, I began to read the bible maybe, just maybe I could connect some dots. However, my perusal of the bible only led to further questions and contradictions

By the time I clocked 18, my religious gusto has subsided and I realised am a muslim just because my parent are not because am sure its the way. Sin began to eat into the fabrics of my life. My islamic tutors gave me certain recitation to curb my masturbation it didn't bring any sanctification nor purification  only a graduation into fornication! @ 20 still in my sinful lifestyle, I was truck by series of disasters, first an inferno that consumed all that my sister and her husband ever worked for. (I was staying with them) still smarting from the effect of that, I lost my admission in the university of Ife (OAU) under the most bizarre circumstance! So I had to go back to the polytechnic......this is where the transformation began! My roommate happened to be a christian. He stood by me in my depression and showed me the love of God. he's an epitome of a true believer, he made christianity look so simple and attractive! So I started following him to church once in a while, loved the music, the  dance and off course the beautiful girls! I remained a church goer until shortly after our ND my roommate invited me to his church (now mine too)  for a sunday service on the 13th of sep, 2009 and that was it!  'I was struck by lighning' unlike Saul, I did not lose my sight but like Paul, I had an encounter that I cannot encapsulate into words and I just knew in my heart that I needed Jesus even before the altar call was made, I was out crying uncontrollably, it was such an incredible scene! was baptised in the holy ghost on the spot! And since then, I have had my ups and downs but I've remained rooted and grounded...

Please drop your comments, questions and contributions. If you have an "ON MY WAY TO DAMASCUS" experience you wanna share, feel free to share it here or send me a personal message in my inbox. you can also tell me what next you want me to write about.

• January 30, 2015 9:35 AM CET
    Kudos on this great piece, my question is how did you discover your purpose?
  • January 31, 2015 4:06 PM CET
    May God keep you rooted in him in Jesus name.
    • 119 posts
    February 3, 2015 8:00 AM CET

Thank you Sis Lawrinda. am going to post an article soon "Discovering why God discovered you" it will answer your question. (am writing exam at the moment)

• 119 posts
    February 3, 2015 8:02 AM CET

Thank you and Amen Sis Dolapo.

• March 26, 2015 3:09 PM CET

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!! That was a great encounter indeed. keep enjoying the flow of the spirit.

• 16 posts
    March 27, 2015 11:09 AM CET
    Wow!!!!! Great one.
    • 16 posts
    March 27, 2015 11:09 AM CET
    Wow!!!!! Great one.