Forums » Sophia's Forum

It's all a distraction

• 93 posts
    September 19, 2015 7:44 AM CEST

Have you ever wondered how powerful God says we are and yet how powerless, fearful and helpless most Christians seem to be, especially in their emotional life. If you have been to a circus show or seen one on television, I am sure you would have wondered how come the lion is powerless before its trainer despite being a very vicious animal.

When I was younger, I used to conclude that maybe the lions were hypnotized or given a strange injection or better still all their teeth were removed. Interestingly, none of these were true. The simple truth is that, the trainer has perfected the act of distracting the lion. Apart from the whip in the trainers hands, he uses a stool to continuously distract the lion.
    The lion is unable to maul the man and exhibit its power over the man because it has been distracted.

That is exactly what the devil does to believers. One of his well perfected weapon is distraction. The more he can distract you, the more he can succeed in immobilizing you. You become powerless to exhibit your God given power and authority. When the devil throws lack, unpaid bills, symptoms of sickness, unkind remarks, abuse, hurts, pain, stormy situation, impossible colleagues, difficult boss, child, neighbor or lecturer, un-forgiveness, depression, pressure, quarrels, strife, marital discord, relationship issues etc. Remember they are all distractions!

Before you give in to that distraction, remember there is something the devil is after. There is a victory nearby that he has perceived and he wants to steal from you. Those distractions are targeted at stealing your power and authority in prayer and bold declaration of the victory that rightly belongs to you in Christ.

Remember you are more than a conqueror now and always and you can do all things through Christ who strengthens you.

• September 22, 2015 3:41 PM CEST

oh yea!God bless you ma.

• 73 posts
    July 29, 2016 1:02 PM CEST
    I agree totally with this piece woman of God. With smiles on my face l concur to the fact that l am a Victor, a Conqueror, and can do ALL things through the strength of God. HALLELUJAH! Remain blessed woman-of-God.