Forums » Sophia's Forum

Peace for your relationship and marriage

• October 6, 2015 8:11 AM CEST

Whether marriage or courtship, peace of mind is an essential commodity. Has a wife, you want to be assured and reassured that all is well. That your husband is not around some young girls. You want to be sure he is really on a 3 day official trip outside town like he really claims. Even as a born again Christian, you want to be sure his heart is really with you. That he really loves you and that he won't change from being loving, kind, faithful and God fearing. No matter how much we try, it is only God that can keep our spouses.

As a husband, you want to be sure, your wife's heart is fully with you. You want to be certain that she is not under some other influences out there. Some temperaments that are more out spoken may easily deal with these fears. Others, that are given more to internalizing and not used to being close, friendly and open to each other may find it more difficult.

The same goes with those in courtship. There seem to be a lot of questions about now and of cause the nearest future. You may begin to think will she not leave me for someone else (especially if she is going for NYSC). If it's a long distance relationship, you begin to wonder, who is she with now and what is she doing?  There are fears, questions, agitations, that even believers are not spared. The devil seem to be having a filled day toiling with our minds and sowing wrong seeds into our relationships.
    These does not need to continue. As children of God, Jesus gave us a very special gift which is His peace.

John 14:27 ' (KJV)  Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Let not your heart be troubled. Don't allow your heart to be disturbed. The antidote to fear and a troubled soul is peace. The peace of Jesus, the peace that God gives. The kind of peace that is stayed and trusted in Christ. This peace of Jesus is whole, total and complete, Spirit, soul and body. Peace in your body, sound mind, healthy bodies, financial ease and a mind void of turmoil.

When next the devil is trying to make your mind trouble, remind him Jesus bequeath His peace to you. Always remember him peace is your inheritance, it's your right. It's yours already. You are not begging or hoping for it. It's yours. Receive that peace now, in Jesus Name.

• October 6, 2015 8:50 AM CEST
    Amen! Thank you Jesus for Peace.
    • 73 posts
    July 29, 2016 12:51 PM CEST
    Amen & Amen. I earnestly desire this PEACE more and more dear Jesus especially in areas of relationship. Amen. Thank you Pastor Sophia.