Forums » Singles' Discussion

My pastor is asking me out.

• October 31, 2015 6:23 AM CET

My pastor is asking me out. He says it's the same as spiritual mentoring. I admire him a lot, what should I do?

• 7 posts
    October 31, 2015 7:04 AM CET
    You did not tell us wether your pastor is married? If he is married; It is a no go area,You have to wait for your own partner till he founds you. If your pastor is married; He is joking with his ministry. If he doesn't want his ministry to collapse. He should leave you alone. You might as well know that you are not supposed to get involved with someone who is married no matter how much you admire that person. But if your pastor is single which I doubt;You can still seek God in prayer before you accept.
    • 11 posts
    October 31, 2015 7:00 PM CET

Thank you joor.

For saying you admire him. Sincerity.

It is a normal thing for a pastor who is single to desire to have a spouse. Such a pastor would admire a sister, seek the Lord concerning her, get convinced, then he would ask her out.

When a pastor tells you his proposal or 'toasting effort' is part of spiritual mentoring, sister, please and please, run for your life.

This is an abuser, a person in a privileged position of authority who is going to use the opportunity to ruin you.

This is the language of demagogues in positions of spiritual authority. A person who knows he has influence over you is trying to use that influence to ride into your life.

Somebody who loves you will seek to toast you as a man, not as your prophet, at least initially.

Chances are that he has other spiritual mentees, in the same church.

It is also possible he is a sincere person who used the wrong words inadvertently. No matter what, he is a control freak...

Out of the abundance of the heart....

Don't seek to understand fully, just run...

• 16 posts
    November 3, 2015 12:45 AM CET
    My sister don't allow anyone to take advantage of u in the name of mentor or pastor.if his proposal is genuie,tell him to give u time to confirm from God.that He's a pastor deos not mean he is the will of God for u.u will not miss it in Jesus name
  • November 3, 2015 9:15 PM CET

First you didn't tell us if your Pastor is married or not,Assuming He is single and looking for a spouse( which is normal),you still need to ask the basic questions, Where is the destination of the relationship he is wants?Has He prayed and heard from God?On the other hand you also need to pray and hear God for your self before giving in or not.

• November 3, 2015 9:20 PM CET

And also.,, there is not sincerity in that statement, ,,,,,,, Spiritual mentoring and a marital relationship are not 'the same'..One can aid the other in the long run but shouldn't overshadow one with the other.Thats deceit