Forums » Singles' Discussion

He does not like to pray

• November 19, 2015 4:13 PM CET
    My fiancé seems not to enjoy praying with me. Whenever we fix a particular time for prayer chain, he complains of tiredness and even sleeps off most times. I can't keep dragging him to pray, he should take his place as the head. Its annoying and i'm getting tired of encouraging him because it appears he's not improving.
    • 48 posts
    November 20, 2015 9:01 AM CET
    My dear dont try to replace the work of the holyspirit in his life because you will make a poor one. The best you can do is to tell him, and then pray and trust God for the rest. We all have different stages of growth in our spiritual life and he may still be weak in that area. Just trust God with him and keep sowing the word of God in him while praying for him aswell, i believe he will improve.
    This post was edited by Nakiwala Dorothy at November 25, 2015 9:01 AM CET
    • 212 posts
    November 23, 2015 11:41 AM CET

lol,very funny. I understand that feeling. We this christian sisters,we can love prayer and leadership. I think you should pray for him. Prayer s a personal relationship with God and lack of constant prayer in a believers life is a pointer to a deep seated problem which is lack of interest in spiritual things which could be fed by constant feeding of the flesh. He may have some good sides too. Why not spea words in prayer over him and stop forcing him. Just be the example,he would learn,after all he is a believer

This post was edited by Bimbola Olumoba at November 23, 2015 11:42 AM CET
    • 5 posts
    November 24, 2015 9:50 AM CET
    You need to hear his own side of the matter. Is the time chosen convenient for both of you? You may even ask him to suggest a time when he is sure he will be available. What is his spiritual background like? Does he have spiritual role models or mentors? Does your pastor know him and has he counselled both of you before? You may want to start giving him little prayer tasks if you doubt his spiritual maturity; ask him to pray for you or anybody else facing challenges while you say Amen in agreement. Ask him to pray on food, drinks etc before you eat. Is he comfortable with praying with you alone? Observe him during church programs and see his attitude or reactions. You may also need to include a short bible study or other activities such as spiritual topics and discussions so that your prayer times don't get boring. Don't give up. if your relationship is worth it, the sacrifice will also be worth it. God will help you.