Forums » Couples

My husband wants me to resign and become a house wife

• January 13, 2015 6:38 AM CET

My husband wants me to resign and become a house wife. I want to build my career but he says I should beuild the home first. I have refused to resign my job at a consulting firm and our home is tensed now for many months. What am I supposed to do? How do I handle this without losing my marriage?

• January 14, 2015 6:45 AM CET
    These are things that should be addressed before marriage. For now, you have to decide if you want to keep your job or your marriage because his word is supposed to be final. If you can't reason with him and prayer can't change his mind, please leave the job and protect your marriage.
  • January 15, 2015 7:49 AM CET
    Biko you just have to resign now since your home is tensed! Dis is a part of submission! Though it's a tough one. But u just have to!
    • 3 posts
    January 28, 2015 8:24 AM CET
    Study the word, pray and fast.
    Because if he is doing this out of jealousy, it won't be funny for you at the longrun.
    Have a warm discussion with him whether he can cater for all the family needs including yours please.
    You should equally check your own self. Maybe you are not balancing your home and career properly.
    May God help you and your husband to make the right decision -amen.
    • 22 posts
    January 28, 2015 9:03 AM CET
    Dearie, it's well, ve you taken time out to see if really your time with your work is taken more from you, and you are given little or nothing to your home? On another thought, you need to tread carefully, what if you insist on your career, and your husband starts looking outside,God forbid, it won't be your portion, but at the same time, wisdom is profitable to direct. Been a housewife doesn't mean you will be idle, there are a lot of wives and mothers who are not earning a monthly salary and are not idle, check within yourself, what you can do, is it catering, fashion designing, buying and selling, the list is endless. Where does your interest lie, learn a skill, you can be doing it at the comfort of your house and be making your money, there will be peace in your home. For instance, I have a friend like that she sews, infact, you will think her clothes are imported, under the comfort of her home. My humble self to the glory of God I have up to masters degree, but for my home to be in peace unending and unspeakable, I realise I love catering, I better my self in that skill,and God has never fail, I do all sort of cakes weddings, birthdays, different occasions,I also cook, make snacks etc. My dear the list is endless. A word is enough for the wise. You can contact me if you stay in Ph. Its well with your decision.