Forums » General News

Did Pastors Really Collect Money from the President?

• February 6, 2015 9:07 PM CET

In the heat of Nigerian politics, we woke up to a very serious news that some Pastors are compromised politically and have collected six billion Naira form President Goodluck Jonathan. This allegation was made by a seating Governor, the governor of Rivers state, Rotimi Ameachi who also doubles up as Campaign Director for APC.

The money was said to have been given to campaign against Buhari.

Now, this is not a small issue as the body of Christ has not been known to be endorsing candidtaes in times back, not with a huge amount involved like this.

In a very quick and sharp retort to the allegation, Daddy Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, has asked any Pastor who collected such money to return it as quickly as possible.

According to Punch, Daddy Adeboye said, "May I humbly request that if there be any pastor or pastors who collected such money, they should please return such as quickly as possible before the fire of the Almighty consumes you"

While I am not here to confirm whether money was received or not, (I really don't know) one thing I know is that nobody will beocme the president of this country that God has not ordained.

As members of the church, I don't think Pastors are supposed to tell us who to vote for in any way. The church is not a campaign ground, Every memebr shoudl be left to follow his heart and his conscience in deciding who to vote for.

Let us also be careful not to join anybody to accuse anyone because nothing really has been confirmed. God will help us in Nigeria.

Lastly, what you can do is to still pray more that God's counsel will stand! God bless Nigeria!

This post was edited by Pastor Dunamis Okunowo at February 7, 2015 10:08 AM CET
  • February 7, 2015 10:06 AM CET

Nicely Said Pastor. God Bless Nigeria!