Forums » Fasting and Prayers for 2016

Day 1 of 21 Days - Fasting & Prayers 2016

• December 1, 2015 6:06 AM CET

Today is Day 1 of 21 Days of Fasting and Prayers towards 2016. Therefore all we will do today is just minister unto the Lord.

Ministering unto the Lord

We minister unto Him not because of what we want, but because of who He is.

Act 13:2 KJV
    As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them.

As you can see from above scripture, when you minister unto the Lord, God will speak through His Holy Spirit. Therefore you can expect that God will speak to you and give you instructions concerning areas of your life.

Act 13:2 MSG
    One day as they were worshiping God--they were also fasting as they waited for guidance--the Holy Spirit spoke: "Take Barnabas and Saul and commission them for the work I have called them to do."

Anytime we minister unto God, He will speak to us. Meditate and think over the above scripture for some time. When you meditate enough on it,  it will become your experience and God will surely speak to you during this fast.

Worshiping God can involve lifting up of hands, prostrating on the floor or any other comfortable position with you.

1. Lord, I thank you for who you are as the ruler and king over all the affairs of this world and beyond.

2. Lord, I thank you for creating me and for making me your child through your son, Jesus Christ.

3. Lord, I thank you for all things you have done in my life since the moment I was born.

4. Lord, I thank you for all you have done in my life since the beginning of this year 2015

5. Lord, I thank you for all you will do in my life in the coming year in 2016

6. Lord, I thank you for my family, work, career, business, relationship, marriage and other facets of my life

7. Thank God for everything you can possibly remember. Recount His blessings and faithfulness over your life.

8. Begin to worship God in your known language. Do not speak in tongues yet.

9. Sing unto Him in your known language. It doesn't matter what your voice sounds like, let it flow from your heart.

10. Tell Him how much you love Him. Express your love for God.

11. After you have exhausted your vocabulary, switch to praising and worshiping God in the Spirit

1Co 14:15 KJV
    What is it then? I will pray with the spirit, and I will pray with the understanding also: I will sing with the spirit, and I will sing with the understanding also.

12. Do it for as long as you are able to without interference of phones, people etc.

13. Do it whole wholeheartedly and with integrity of heart.

14. Thank God for enabling you to be a part of this fasting and prayer programme on KHC

NB - There will be evening schedule for fasting and prayers for the next 21 Days on Daily Prayer Page between 9.pm and 10pm. Watch out.

This post was edited by Pastor Dunamis Okunowo at January 2, 2016 6:11 AM CET
    • 5 posts
    December 1, 2015 8:35 AM CET

Glory to God in the highiest!

• December 1, 2015 9:15 AM CET

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!