Forums » Fasting and Prayers for 2016

Day 2 of 21 Days - Fasting & Prayers 2016

• December 2, 2015 6:01 AM CET

Read Guidelines for Fasting and Prayer for 2016 HERE

Yesterday, we have started with thanking the Lord. Today, our prayers is on forgiveness.

1. Pray and ask God to forgive you of all past mistakes and errors that you have not yet confessed. This is needed to make your prayers effective.

2, You will now need to forgive all who may have hurt you at one point or the other that you are still holding in unforgiving attitude.

3. Now, you need to say away from all sin and compromise, especially sexual sins that trips you easily. For example, living with someone you are not married to and indulging in all kinds of things and then fasting and praying would not go together. God is not mocked. So, it is necessary that you stay away from all sins!

Here are a few scriptures to meditate on

SCRIPTURES ON FORGIVENESS

1 John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Acts 2:38 - Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

Romans 10:9 - That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Romans 10:13 - For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Luke 13:3 - I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Matthew 6:12 - And forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.

2 Corinthians 5:21 - For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him.

2 Chronicles 7:14 - If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Acts 2:21 - And it shall come to pass, [that] whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

Matthew 26:28 - For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Matthew 6:14-15 - For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

Matthew 6:14 - For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you:

Isaiah 43:25 - I, [even] I, [am] he that blotteth out thy transgressions for mine own sake, and will not remember thy sins.

Colossians 2:14 - Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Colossians 1:13-14 - Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated [us] into the kingdom of his dear Son:

Romans 8:1 - [There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

Luke 11:9 - And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

PRAYER POINTS

1. Lord, I forgive everybody who has hurt me, abused  me, cheated me in one way or the other. Mention names if you can and make sure every hurts go.

2. Lord, I forgive my parents in every way they might have hurt me (This may not apply to all)

3. Lord, I forgive all my siblings in Jesus name Mention names

4. Lord, I forgive all whom I hold in bitterness and I release them in Jesus name

5. Lord, I come before you and I ask for forgiveness of all my sins.

6. Lord cleanse me, and take not your Holy Spirit from me

7. I curse every spirit behind inherited sinful lifestyles in Jesus name

8. I curse the spirit behind every form of addiction and habitual sinful lifestyles in Jesus name

9. I cover myself with the blood of Jesus and I declare I am cleansed in Jesus name.

NB - I am on my way to Benin Republic today for a week long National Youth Conference. Please, pray along!

This post was edited by Pastor Dunamis Okunowo at December 2, 2015 1:44 PM CET
    • 172 posts
    December 2, 2015 10:09 AM CET
    Amen
    • 51 posts
    December 2, 2015 1:45 PM CET
    We are praying for you too Pastor Dunamis!
    • 1 posts
    December 2, 2015 2:11 PM CET

Amen

And we pray that the Lord will be with you

• 5 posts
    December 2, 2015 5:01 PM CET

May the Lord strengthen you and give you the unction to function in Jesus' name. Amen!

• May 23, 2016 2:18 PM CEST
    God bless u Sir pastor Dunamis, God almighty will preserve u in Jesus name. Amen. in fact am blessed with all this prayers. God bless u sir