Forums » Singles' Discussion

How do I tell my sister?

• December 19, 2015 3:46 PM CET
    My elder sister's husband is asking me out and he has been pressuring me and threatening me with my school fee as he is the one paying my school fee. I don't know how to tell my sister about this because I know how much she loves her Husband and I don't want to be an intruder between them. Please how do I go about this?
    • 44 posts
    December 20, 2015 2:13 PM CET

I think the first thing to do is not to succumb to your brother inlaw's presure and look for a way to leave their house immediately.  This is a very sensitive issue that can break and cause serious troble between your family and that of your brother Inlaw, your sister's marriage is also in for trouble if this case is not handled wisely and appropriately.

I personally feel that your sister is not the first person to tell, you may not handle it maturely, I think you should talk to your father about it. Good fathers have a way of dealing with issues like this without being emotional and causing more trouble. Let him use his wisdom to tell you the next step to take.

As for your school fees, let your Brother inlaw threaten you from now till eternity, he is not God, it's only God that can provide your school fees, HE will raise another vessel HE will use for you. Please don't forget to pray about this and LEAVE that house ASAP. 

• 212 posts
    December 21, 2015 1:29 PM CET

This is a sensitive issue and even if your brother inlaw is cheating,I personally would not like that news to be broken to her by you. She can find out from other means. So please,leave their house and stay somewhere else and then do not succumb to his pressure. Also you can ask your sister for the school fee and then she will be forced to ask her husband why he has not paidthe school fee. I do not even know if you should speak to anyone about the issue yet because it is so sensitive, If he asks a stranger out,it m,ay be easier to handle than him asking a sister inlaw .pls can u also talk to an elderly married man or woman who can counsel you for the without having to escalate the issue. Bt as for dating him and telling your sister yourself,pls don't