Forums » Singles' Discussion

I love him but I don't see a friend in him

• December 28, 2015 5:57 PM CET
    I love my guy so much but am not always comfortable discussing things with him, I prefer to tell other male friends than him. Please I hope am not causing myself any harm?
    • 4 posts
    December 30, 2015 8:07 AM CET
    In instances like this I usually say "put yourself in his/her shoes". Once you do that and imagine how you would feel then your spirit would prompt an answer. Again, if you love him so much like you said, you should be able to see a friend in him; to be open to him and develop somewhat trust. Where these are lacking then the authenticity of the relationship becomes questionable. Anyway since you didn't say if you're already in a relationship with him, I'll suggest you Pray to God for the spirit of wisdom to help you discover the truth of the matter. You can't marry a stranger because that is what he is if you don't see him as a friend. Marrying a friend is one of the sweetest testimonies in holy matrimony. God's grace be upon us all.
    • 199 posts
    December 30, 2015 10:50 AM CET

"I love my guy so much..." I think that already states they are in a relationship.

In addition to what has been stated, my dear, find out why you are not comfortable discussing things with him. Could it be that he is not sensitive to what you have told him in the past? or he is immature about it? or his words tear u instead of build u? or probably ur timing is wrong? Think about this and find out why. What is d essence of ur relationship if u cannot share matters that matter with him? You risk emotional attachment/affair sharing with other guys and my dear, only ur guy shud know ur vulnerability (to an extent per time until u marry him, if u will). For a successful relationship, communication is key, there is no friendship without communication and communication is incomplete without feedback. After all d "emotional giz giz," what will keep u guys together is the friendship.

Lastly, why not discuss it with him and sort it out? He may be ignorant about this... 

This post was edited by Adebola Ayoade at December 30, 2015 10:53 AM CET