Forums » Pearl's Cafe

Platoon Two, Ep 27 - Camp Fire Night

• 199 posts
    January 5, 2016 10:01 PM CET

PLATOON II

CAMP FIRE NIGHT

LAST EPISODE

As the sun set and the cloud rolled out to usher in the evening time, my adrenaline screamed excitement and I knew I was going to have a swell time that night. Lewa and I looked for a beautiful dress for me to wear after she brought out her mono strap dress. Irene only laid on the bed and watched us as we prepared to leave for the party. Lewa asked her for the last time if she was sure she would stay in the hostel because she will be left all alone, she said she was fine with being alone.

We were greeted by the music blasting somewhere from behind the parade ground. The party was on and we could see corps members trooping in. Lewa and I walked in majestically and we were welcomed by two hefty men. They were obviously bouncers.

Where is she?” The female voice asked.

Mama she's here” Lewa pushed me forward. I looked up to greet her and to my amazement it was Sheila!

For full story of episode 26, please click “Back to topics” at the top right hand corner of the page. Thank You

PLATOON II

CAMP FIRE NIGHT

EPISODE 27

Sheila laughed long and hysterically when she saw me. The place was thick with the smell of alcohol, cigarette smoke and another foul smell which I could not tell what it was.

Derin, we meet again.” She said.

Her voice was deeper than it was when I felt met her. Fear ran through my spine like a wild fire. She had two hefty men behind her, two other hefty guys massaging her feet and two others massaging her shoulders. I tried to smile but the mixed feelings of fear and shock couldn't let me.

Are you scared?” She asked as she puffed the smoke from her cigarette. She gave another long, hysterical laugh.

So you are the one Lewa has been talking about. She's so fond of you. Just how many days together?” She continued.

I looked at Lewa, Lewa smiled at me. I took my face away. A lot ran through my head. Sheila was the last person on my mind. Yes, I thought she may be the one Lewa told me about but I never imagined Sheila this way.

God, adventure, yes, danger, no, this is not what I bargained for.” I thought to myself.

Bring her close” Sheila said.

One of the men pushed me forward. I choked at the smell of the cigarette smoke. I had been trying had not to cough but I couldn't help it anymore. I coughed so hard that I fell on one knee. All of them just looked at me and laughed. Some scorned, some mocked.

Enough!” Sheila ordered.

What's funny?” She asked. “She is just a JJC, journey just come, why you dey laf am now ehn? Abi you want make I para for una? Warn yasef o, I go use somebodi for example now!” She asked why they mocked me.

Mama, we are sorry no vex.” They apologised.

JJC, Journey just come is a nick name given to someone who is new in a place or naïve. Sheila was upset with her boys and threatened to get angry which would lead to her punishing one person as an example to all. Having heard this, they apologised immediately.

...to be continued.

Copyright © 2016 [Adebola A. Ayoade]. All Rights Reserved.

Kindly like us on facebook - https://www.facebook.com/debypearl?ref=hl

And follow us on twitter - @PearlsCafe1

Thank you!

This post was edited by Adebola Ayoade at January 15, 2016 12:10 AM CET