Forums » Couples

My wife has been in United Kingdom for more than a year

• February 10, 2015 6:23 AM CET

My wife has been in United Kingdom for more than a year for her studies. I have been trying to cope here without compromising but it has been challenging. I dont have enough finances to join her. Now, she is saying she wants to work for a while to make money!

Who is sending her? She really doesnt have an idea of what I am going through. I am sad as I have not been able to convince her to come back immediately after graduation which is a month away. Now I feel like going out to mess up. Please, help me, what should I do? It is not easy to be wifeless o...

• 22 posts
    February 10, 2015 8:29 AM CET
    Bro, it's well with you, you really need to maker her understand what you are going thru,there are some women who can stay for a long period without compromising, I don't know that about men. Make her realise your predicament. Also pray that God should touch her heart. She won't be held responsible for your actions, if you derail. Its well with you.
  • February 10, 2015 10:07 AM CET

It is well my brother. Just see this as a season that will come to pass. You are already in a marriage covenant and your wife should respect that fact. Life is about sacrifices. She needs to wiegh pursuing her career to protecting the marriage. I am sure God will honor her and reward her. It is best to come home especially if the option of you going over is not visible. Spending already I year is enough sacrifice, gently let her know how much her absence is costing you.

But you, don't even try to yield to the pressure and temptation of messing up. when you mess up, you mess up your life and destiny. Its not worth it, the regret, consequences and heart ache. You have held on for 1 year, you cant give up now. Receive strenght of the Lord.  

• 2 posts
    June 8, 2016 1:22 PM CEST
    Is she a learner? Dat is how some women destroy their home. Why on earth will u b comfortable without ur husband? Oga pls just pray ok
    • 8 posts
    June 8, 2016 5:57 PM CEST
    <p>it must really be a trying time for u.</p>
    <p>1. pray about it</p>
    <p>2.talk to her about ur feelings</p>
    <p>3. to  avoid temptation, be around matured friends who can advice/guide u.</p>
    <p>nothing can bring back your peace of mind once you have compromised.</p>
    <p>peace.</p>