Forums » Singles' Discussion

Can we have jeru trip after traditional marriage .

• January 13, 2016 8:51 PM CET
    Our church wedding is 3months after our traditional wedding and my fiance is saying after paying my bride price we will be having jeru trip but I said No until the church wedding. Please I want to know if we can go ahead after traditional wedding.
    • 2 posts
    January 15, 2016 12:29 AM CET
    I say this from a background in law. There are two types of marriages, one is the Customary Law which in Nigeria is known as the traditional marriage and the second is under the Matrimonial Causes Act which is the signing of the registry. In so far as you have observed the native rights and customs, you are married (both families have accepted each other after all and you have been handed over to your husband and presented to the world as his wife) so it is perfectly legal and right to consummate the marriage.
    This post was edited by Osasu Elaiho at January 15, 2016 12:30 AM CET
  • January 15, 2016 7:29 AM CET

The last time I check, It was "What God has joined together", NOT what law nor what custom/traditions has joined together.

So, if you are both Christians, and you believe God should be the one that set you on the journey of marriage, by blessing you through his servant at the altar, then you should wait till the Church Wedding day. Honour God with you body (the bible says). As legal has it is for you after traditional marriage, honour God till He joined you together officially in His presence. Let God be the 3rd person that formed your threefold cord, that can't be broken.

The journey is far (after marriage, and you will have all the way to yourself)... waiting for few months for Church Wedding, I don't think that can kill person lolz

This post was edited by Olawale John Courtesy OLAGUNJU at January 15, 2016 7:30 AM CET
    • 2 posts
    January 15, 2016 8:48 AM CET
    Good morning, are you saying that when there is no church wedding you are not fully married because I know that once both parents have accepted and gone ahead to pay and accept the dowry, she is married both in the eyes of man and God. The church wedding is more of a blessing if you take out the other ceremonies attached to it (am not saying the blessing is a bad thing or that she shouldn't wait till the Blessing(church)). There are a lot of couple who couldn't afford doing a church wedding because of the entertainment involved and they had to come to church some Sundays later after the trad for the blessing, are you saying she should have stayed back in her father's house till after the blessing before going home to her husband? (2). Is it compulsory a white wedding must be done in the church?
  • January 15, 2016 9:34 AM CET

Smiles... Church wedding does not necessarily means printing IVs, picking a day, calling all the ppl to come chop... no oh.

I've known several Holy Matrimony(s) done in the pastor's office. That's what i'm talkng about.

If they are not looking at the elaborated type... fine. Just like I said; honour God (with ur body) till He joined you together officially in His presence.

I can still repaste all I said earlier, here. 

• 1 posts
    November 4, 2020 2:34 PM CET
    If you are a student and you have been asking yourself, “Who will Do my assignment help ?” If yes, then you can contact All Assignment Help in the USA and many other countries. You can hire an online essay helper for your essay, assignment help at the best price.
    https://www.allassignmenthelp.com/my-assignment-help.html
    This post was edited by daisy Hayden at November 4, 2020 2:35 PM CET
    • 1 posts
    November 12, 2020 10:57 AM CET
    Pick the Best Assignment Help UK services to solve the assignments queries, We believe in offering great assignment help service to students in all the subjects. Contact us now.
    https://www.allassignmenthelp.co.uk/best-assignment-help.html
    This post was edited by Alisah Wilson at November 12, 2020 10:58 AM CET
    • 2 posts
    December 16, 2020 11:46 AM CET
    Our coursework help USA experts have attained a lucid style of writing. They can compile essays in any style of writing if aspirants specify their requirements. Our professionals are highly adaptable. They have a significant eye for writing essays or assignments.  
    • 1 posts
    January 6, 2021 3:35 PM CET
    Are you thinking about New Zealand universities to pursue your higher education? Opting New Zealand to finish your degree will act as a cost-effective option for many students and the right decision for their studies. Many peers choose other countries for their higher education for getting better and great future opportunities. In order to maintain a good pace in academics, you need to meet the requirements of all assignment submissions. If you have issues, you can use Assignment Help in New Zealand. You can beat the competition and meet the academic needs of New Zealand universities. With the help of online assignment writing services, you don’t have to think about the expense and spending time on information collection.
    • 2 posts
    January 28, 2021 11:38 AM CET
    If you are searching for Homework help here, We provide you the Best Homework Help in UK by expert academic writers. Our assignment helpers aim to provide 100% plagiarism free assignment help. Our approach to valuing values ​​has helped us become the most promising online help in the favorite student distribution app in the UK. Contact us today and get a reasonable quote. With homework Help, we also provide MBA Assignment Help in UK , Corporate Accounting Assignment Help in Australia etc. Contact us by email at help@treatassignmenthelp.co.uk and our experts will contact us as soon as possible. 
    https://www.treatassignmenthelp.co.uk/service/homework-help
    This post was edited by Maria Jemmison at January 28, 2021 11:39 AM CET
    • 1 posts
    April 9, 2021 9:57 AM CEST
    The best Humanities Homework Help service helps a student in completing the academic writing work on time. Students face pressure when they get homework writing at the same time as other academic works or during exams. Live Web Tutor helps the students to write the home with perfection and precision by making in-depth exploration and research. Our team of writers makes sure to deliver your authentic and error-free work for improving your grades. Simple, consider choosing our academic writing service for resolving your problems.
    • 1 posts
    July 8, 2021 1:12 PM CEST
    • 3 posts
    September 17, 2021 11:42 AM CEST
    https://speedygrade.com/p/test-bank-for-american-democracy-now-3-e/
    This post was edited by Portia Williams at September 17, 2021 11:42 AM CEST
    • 4 posts
    October 1, 2021 8:51 AM CEST
    http://jkx.larsen-b.com/gallery/Paysages/dsc01651
    This post was edited by diane parker at October 1, 2021 8:52 AM CEST
    • 3 posts
    October 1, 2021 9:04 AM CEST
    • 2 posts
    October 4, 2021 1:29 PM CEST
    Internet is full of awesome data and
    • 2 posts
    October 4, 2021 1:30 PM CEST
    https://delkilinch.blogspot.com/2021/05/kaamatan-festival-essay-unduk-ngadau.html /> Internet is full of awesome data and this page is an excellent example of that.
    • 1 posts
    November 3, 2021 8:17 AM CET
    There are two types of marriages, one is the Customary Law which in Nigeria is known as the traditional marriage and the second is under the Matrimonial Causes Act which is the signing of the registry. If you are looking for online academic writing services to ask them for website that write essays and it is the right place. We are providing high-quality services at affordable prices to help students their excellent results.
    This post was edited by Jesscia Carvin at November 3, 2021 8:18 AM CET
    • 1 posts
    November 25, 2021 11:56 AM CET
    Do not waste countless hours on your college assignments anymore. Get College Accounting Chapters 1 24 14th Edition Test Bank and work smart with better results.
    https://testbanks21.com/tbsm/college-accounting-chapters-1-24-14th-edition-test-bank/
    This post was edited by kimberly keller at November 25, 2021 11:57 AM CET
    • 3 posts