Forums » Singles' Discussion

Is there anything wrong in listening to secular music?

• January 30, 2016 7:41 PM CET

I was going through music gallery on my fiancee's phone and all I can see is shakiti bobo by olamide, Terry g and the likes, then I wonder what's she doing with such songs, so I confronted her and she said it's not wrong to listen to such songs. Please how true is this because i'm not comfortable with it at all .

This post was edited by Pastor Dunamis Okunowo at January 31, 2016 7:06 AM CET
    • 48 posts
    January 31, 2016 8:08 AM CET
    Its always good to mind what we listen to especially as children of God. The bible says that evil communication corrupts good morals. Communication is not only what you speak but also what u listen too. And most of the secular songs are contrary to what the word of God says. You need to advise her on the implications that such music can bring to her spiritual life, such music is most of the times demonic and it can slow down your spiritual growth.
    May God grant u wisdom on how to deal with that issue.
    • 3 posts
    January 31, 2016 1:30 PM CET
    my sister, it is totally wrong to be listning to those kind of songs, i will tell you why. I met a lady who asumed to be whom i will marry before we parted company. After a while i discoverd her laptop is filled with all kinds of worldly songs. Not only that but anywhere she hears those will quickly sing along. Thats when i had a rethink, moreover she is a chorinster. But how can one worship God and also worship lucifer. I later discored shes not genuinely born again. You see there is no how one has encountere Christ and still keep listning to ungodly songs. Anytime they listen and dance to them, it usually arouse them and the next they will be looking for is how to quench their passion.
    • 2 posts
    February 1, 2016 4:20 AM CET

You cannot be more correct, Dorothy and Ayo. Absolutely true