Forums » Singles' Discussion

She told me everything about her dirty past

• 16 posts
    February 12, 2016 8:40 AM CET

I am in a relationship with this lady. Recently she told me everything about her dirty past including having an abortion. This has made me uncomfortable about continuing the relationship. I need advice as to how I can handle this issue. I want to marry her and have gotten her parents' consent before this revelation .

• February 12, 2016 9:21 AM CET
    Since you love her with all your heart, just pray to God that you won't have anything to regret this. All is well bro.
    • 212 posts
    February 12, 2016 9:55 AM CET

She told you because she trusted you to be able to handle it. Most sincere ladies who are for real will tell you what you need to know before walking down the aisle. We all have a past we are not proud off and a future welong for. Please do not judge her by her past. What if she covered it up and you found out in marriage. Abortion is not the end of the world. I know one person who in ignorance had an abortion and still has a baby today. Please deal with it from your end and ask God to help you see her the way he sees her.

• 1 posts
    February 12, 2016 5:51 PM CET
    She has just done the right thing!
    Transparency is a critical tool in relationship and marriage no matter how absorb it might seem
    • 11 posts
    February 20, 2016 8:41 AM CET
    I wish to understand the reason you are uncomfortable. She has done the right thing and yes she told you at the right time when she felt you truly loved her. When she felt she could trust you enough to handle it. I don't understand why you are worried about her past though. If you got a confirmation from the Lord about this lady as your wife I don't think you will be confused with whatever revelation concerning her you get. Please go back and seek God’s face concerning your bone of bones and flesh of flesh.