Forums » Singles' Discussion

My Pastor said she is not my wife

• February 22, 2016 11:20 PM CET

I took my fiancee to see my Pastor and he prayed for us and then told me to see him later when we were leaving. i went back  to see him as instructed, only for him to say "you can't marry that lady, she is ogbaje.! Just let her go he insisted....

This post was edited by Akinbulu Oluwatomilola Oluwatomisin at February 23, 2016 6:45 PM CET
  • February 23, 2016 10:56 PM CET
    Bro how do come in contact with an ogbanje girl, thas just a joke. How much do believe in your pastor, if you really believe him to the extend dat he can't misled you, find your bearing. Also pray yourself, if you hav ur personal conviction, it will be good but am really interested to know how you and dis lady started. Did u just fall in love with her or something move you to do so.
    It well Bro.
    • 4 posts
    March 5, 2016 11:29 PM CET
    He started by "I took my fiancee to see my PST" my question is: how can a believer take his fiancee to the PST? Its already a wrong way to start went its comes to choose a life partner, I thing your spiritual leader should be the one prayerfully helping you in your choice. If that man is really a servant of God, I will advice you to consider he's opinion, coz the easiest way to a man down fall it's to get married to the wrong person. Don't let your self to be carry by what you feel because the things of the kingdom of God are not by feelings. Stay bless!
    • 212 posts
    March 9, 2016 1:44 PM CET

what is your relatiosnhip with your pastor like? Why did you not even start the relationship and follow due process.you should have taken her ot the pastor before "fianceeing" her I personally believe one should not go ahead and propose without meeting her family and also every other authority the both party are submitted to. I think you should have a relationship with the authority even if you have not stated your intention. This is for you to buy their heart and know what they think about you. Pastoral and parental consent are very important in marriage. Although some parents and pastors has abused that priviledge but it does not change the truth. Now you are in between. I think you should pause and go into fasting and prayer and find out if you are willing to fight in prayers for her or just walk away. It is still your choice.

The last time my pastor wanrned me about a relationship and i was adamant,i payed for it . I thank God i kept the purity rule may be it would have been worse. Please,take out time to  shut the sound from the world and dig it down with God.

May the eye and ears of your spirit be opened to perceive what God is saying. Amen

This post was edited by Bimbola Olumoba at March 10, 2016 9:51 AM CET