Forums » Singles' Discussion

Do you have a car?

• March 20, 2016 3:08 AM CET
    I saw this young lady in my local church and I tried talking to her but was surprised when I asked her out for a date then she said the unimaginable " Do you have a car or else i'm not going out with you??!" then I begin to think otherwise about going ahead with the date . Please what is our ladies turning to?
    • 2 posts
    March 20, 2016 7:48 AM CET
    This tends to happen a lot and it makes me wonder when having a car became a pretty important criteria to go on date with someone.
  • March 30, 2016 5:22 PM CEST

Having a car should not be a criteria to get into a relationship with a guy but in this case, I do not want to define the date as a relationship rather I want to see it as a dinner. Therefore asking if the guy has a car might have been an harmless question by the lady, she might have been trying to determine the logistics of getting to where you both want to go to. The circumstance involved determines if the lady is asking a sincere question or she is been materialistic.

• 2 posts
    March 31, 2016 8:23 AM CEST
    I get your point Damilola but in this case., the inclusion of the clause "...or else i'm not going out with you!" shows plainly the materialistic intent of asking the question in the first place.