Forums » Singles' Discussion

I hate my father

• March 24, 2016 4:06 AM CET
    I grew up seeing my mum being beaten and bartered by my dad, it was so much that she died due to this serious domestic violence and after my mum's death I told God that I can never forgive my dad . I've been carrying that pain for years even though my pastor knows about it and he has been praying for me to heal and forgive him. I'm ready to marry and my fiancée's father said I must come with my biological father or I forget about his daughter. I love his daughter so much but at the same time, I'm not ready to forgive my dad. Please I don't know what to do!
    • 44 posts
    March 24, 2016 8:21 AM CET

It could really be painful and traumatic to always remember that you lost your mum due to serious domestic violence from your dad but you really need to forgive your dad, not because of him but for your self.

You have carried the burden of unforgiveness and bitterness for too long. Am sure this has affected your spiritual life and now It's threating to take what you love so much from you(Fiancee).

Speak to God about your pain, pour your heart to HIM, cry as much as you can if that is what will help ease the pain, then ask God to grant you the power to forgive and let go. 

• 194 posts
    March 24, 2016 8:40 AM CET

It is well bro. Your pain and grieviances are well understood.

Now you have to forgive and release yourself from this burden and bitterness. If God could forgive YOU, ME, Paul etc, you should do likewise! You are stronger when you forguve and onerlook a hurt.

Pray for him, pray for yourself, scale this hurdle, overcome hatred and bitterness; they are of the flesh not the spirit of God.

Read Colossians 3: 8 - 15. Live the life of the new creature. 

You can ultimately save your father. God help you!

• 212 posts
    March 30, 2016 1:06 PM CEST

I understand what you feel because i have been there. If you are a believer,you just have to ask God for help to forgive your dad. I have forgiven my dad and I have moved on . I do everything possible to ensure my heart is pure before God concerning my dad. Please,I understand your pain but the word of God is still the final authourity. Please go back and rebuild a relationship with your dad. If you have to fast,please do and let it go.