Forums » Singles' Discussion

My dad wants us to do court wedding

• April 3, 2016 4:39 AM CEST
    I've been courting my fiancée for almost 10years now and virtually everybody in the family see her as one of us and my dad sees her as his real biological daughter to the extent that my kid sister envy her. Just few some weeks ago my dad called me and said he might not forgive if I don't get to marry my fiancée or if someone else asks her hand in marriage, he insisted I should tell her family that we want to come and see them and then I should proceed to court for court wedding. I really appreciate my dad's concern but we are still not ready. I really don't know what to tell my dad again.
    • 4 posts
    April 3, 2016 2:29 PM CEST
    I believe your Dad is in deed concerned and only playing his fatherly role by asking you to certify the relationship (ten yrs of courting should actually prompt a father to react accordingly). But again, have you ever disclosed the reason behind your not wanting to take the step now? If you have a good relationship with your dad he should be able to relate with your reason. Most importantly, put everything in prayer. Is it undue anxiety that is the cause of the delay? Your Dad most probably doesn't want you to be too comfortable with your present station in life with her. So commune with the holy spirit and seek guidance.
    • 212 posts
    April 6, 2016 11:50 AM CEST

10 years? I bow before you guys...seriously. And you are still not ready. Please can you be specific about why "we" are not ready and I hope you really mean you two are not ready because a woman would be ever ready to marry a man she has give 10 years of her air space..Please specify the exact hinderance before getting counselling