Forums » Singles' Discussion

He wants me to marry his daughter

• April 24, 2016 10:48 PM CEST
    I've been working with my boss now for years and he's quite fond of me, so because of the love he has for me, couple with the fact that i'm close to his family. He wants me to marry his daughter, I have my own girlfriend whom I love very much even though my boss doesn't know about us but I don't know how to tell him NO and at the same time I don't want to leave my girlfriend. Please how do I go about this?
    • 1 posts
    April 25, 2016 9:19 AM CEST

My Dear, 

Its better you call your Boss and inform him that you are already in a relationship. I want to believe he isnt the kind of man that would ask you to leave the job because you refused his request. However, should it come to that point, see it as a trying stage in your life, a time of testing and believe God to see you through. On second thought, do you really love your girlfriend and do you intend to settle down with her.

The decisions are yours to make but you need to ensure the Holy Spirit is with you on this one.

All the best!!

• 73 posts
    April 25, 2016 4:36 PM CEST
    Beloved,

I agree with sister Onyinye completely. Another thing is involving God 100%. He is able to speak to the man in question, yes God will. I had an experience that made me say that. I had a young man l thought l would have married but it never worked out. Then l still had good rapour with his siblings. They come to my house and spend quality time but somehow l began to feel uncomfortable whenever they are around. Me and myself knelt down and told God l do not want them to keep coming for personal reasons. That was just it. God knew that their visit amongst all other reasons was not helping me in my relationship with Him. I tell you what? We see today and still greet each other beautifully and none of them felt jilted or pushed away. Till tomorrow, l still Praise God for answered Prayer.

If God sees that a relationship won't glorify Him inasmuch as you are willing to cut it off, He is willing to help you perfectly and He will make another provision for her elsewhere such that your work will still be there for you and you will finalize your relationship with friend. My prayers are with you dearie. God will definitely see you through to His own glory. Amen.