Forums » Singles' Discussion

I've always had a bad feeling

• April 30, 2016 3:42 AM CEST
    We were best of friends before we started dating, he had so much affection for me as we began our journey towards marriage but somewhere down within me I felt he was always pretending and that all his behaviour was too good to be true. I almost believed him until he told me few days to our wedding that he has a child. This is too sudden for me, please advise me.
  • April 30, 2016 7:09 AM CEST
    A marriage built on deception will be maintained by same. You felt he was pretending but what did you do about it? Didn't you meet his close relatives? Are you that far from them that you only got to know about the child just few days to the wedding?
    All you can do now is to go back to the scoreboard and weigh all the options before you. Will you be able to forgive him for keeping you in the dark? Has that not created trust issues with your partner? Can you cope with a single father? Is it certain that he's not still very much attached to the mother of the child,considering what they both share?
    You sincere answers to these questions will determine if you can go ahead with the marriage or not.
    Another thing is that you shouldn't allow what people will say influence your decision,it's your life. It is whatever you allow that will happen.
    Please,embrace yourself and this shouldn't make you feel less of yourself. SHALOM!
    • 73 posts
    April 30, 2016 11:11 PM CEST
    Well! Even as sad as it can be, it's not too late to turn back but then is he really your right husband to be? Was that confirmed from the Lord? If yes then there's no cause for alarm. All you need do is to ask him more questions like: who is this lady? Where is she now? What's the relationship with her presently? & If he still loves her? Do this prayerfully and commend him for speaking out in the first place though late. Watch his reaction before informing your Pastor. It's not a taboo to have a child. If all things works out well please love that child like your own, blessings untold will follow you. God bless you as you take things one day at a time.
    This post was edited by Akudo Shalom at April 30, 2016 11:13 PM CEST