Forums » Singles' Discussion

I'm tired of all these so-called "brothers"

• May 9, 2016 5:14 AM CEST
    I have always looked forward to marrying a Christian brother because they are God fearing and good husband material. It wasn't so with all the ones I've been dating. My fiancé is very boring and not friendly at all, ever since i said yes to him, he had been very harsh towards me, he won't even do as if we are in a relationship whenever we are outside or among our friends all he says is we should be modest. He is very unromantic, always shabbily dressed and has body odour because he believes using perfume is a sin, and whenever I tried to talk about it he will say I'm not submissive and too worldly. Please what should I do?
    • 73 posts
    May 9, 2016 11:54 AM CEST
    Way too bad and saddening. I'm even getting really pissed off as l read the write-up. My dear go back to the Lord and plead earnestly for him to be a little free especially with taking care of himself. My own kid brother was like that not willing to apply deodorant and perfumes according to him, it'll damage his skin. I started by introducing him to forever living deodorant without alcohol and he was able to use it and he appreciated it and now though he would not apply perfumes on his skin, the wife buy and mandates him to use them.

I advice you talk with your Pastor if he can handle it otherwise hook him up to the club's man-of-God, Pastor Dunamis Okunowo, he will by the grace of God work on Him through the power of the Holy Spirit.

I sincerely join faith with you my dear and plead with God to change his perspective because it can really kill someone's moral. However, try and be nice, polite and loving, it wasn't easy with my own brother but now the difference is crystal clear and l give God all the glory. May the LORD strengthen you more in Jesus name. Amen. SHALOM.
    • 212 posts
    May 9, 2016 7:25 PM CEST

The issue is beyond perfume. You said he is harsh towards you. You need to re-evaluate your relationship. Talk to him about how you feel and hear what he has to say. If you are not happy consistently,then check again to see if you want to spend the rest of your life with him.

• 194 posts
    May 10, 2016 9:02 AM CEST

For any relationship to work there must be compatibility spiritually, emotionally and physically. I need to ask you sincerely, why did u go into this relationship.

Is it God that gave you the leading? or it is because he is a very "spiritual" brother which is what you want. My dear beyond the spiritual there is need for emotional compatibility.

If you communicate how you feel and he insists that you are too worldly, then I should say you are incompatible. A man should be able to care and show kindness and emotion to his woman.

God will give both of you people that will fit you spiritually and emotionally.