Forums » Singles' Discussion

Can i marry my Ex's Friend ?

• May 10, 2016 5:51 AM CEST
    After six years of relationship with the man I once loved but things feel apart when I discovered he was cheating on me with another lady he always refer to as his cousin. Now that we've broken up, his very close friend who knew about this all along but was too ashamed to tell me of his bad behaviour is asking for my hand in marriage. I'm worried people won't start thinking we've being seeing each other before the break up. Please advise me.

This post was edited by Akinbulu Oluwatomilola Oluwatomisin at May 10, 2016 5:59 AM CEST
    • 194 posts
    May 10, 2016 8:52 AM CEST

Dear sis, sorry for the break-up but thank God all the same. A broken courtship is far better than a broken marriage!

Ask yourself what is more of priority and importance to you. Is it what God is saying about this Guy or what will people say?

How well would you say u know this guy? Are you certain he doesnt have his own secrets?

My sister, your least problem is what other people will say. Let God speak and convict your heart, that is all that matters. It is well with you.

• 1 posts
    May 10, 2016 10:56 AM CEST
    It is not always advisable to date an ex's friend,it comes with a lot of baggages but as the first commentor has said,seek the face of God to know who truly is the will of God,if u seek Him sincerely with an open mind.He will surely speak to you!
    • 73 posts
    May 10, 2016 1:19 PM CEST
    If your Ex's friend is approved of by God of Heaven, go ahead and don't border yourself with what people will say. Just be sure you are not doing it to get even with your ex who treated you badly. May the good LORD be with you my dear. Shalom!
    This post was edited by Akudo Shalom at May 10, 2016 3:52 PM CEST
  • May 10, 2016 8:36 PM CEST

You mean "his friend"? That knows a secret of what can jeopardize you and decided to disclosed it from letting you know?

If they are friends, I think that 'may' be indication of who he is also. "show me your friend, and I will know who you are"-anonymous.

That's my thought, anyway, & I may be wrong (cos he may be a saint, despite who his friend is)
    So, please, Let the conviction come from God.

All the best.