Forums » General News

Truck driver got fired for saying ''Jesus is my co driver''

• 119 posts
    February 17, 2015 12:39 AM CET

A truck driver says he was fired for writing Jesus was his co-driver.

Ramiro Olivarez wrote "Jesus" as his co-driver in all his log books because the books only require, "driver's full signature and then just a co-driver name. It says nothing about a signature, just a name," he tells KRGV.

Olivarez filled it in with the name of man he knew was always with him, and his trucking company is now saying he was falsifying his records.

The TV news station reports Olivarez's termination letter says he was told to stop "submitting incomplete documentation and falsifying legal documents," and that writing in Jesus' name as co-driver violates both Texas and federal trucking regulations.

Some truckers agree with Falfurrias, that writing Jesus' name was falsifying the records, while others believe Olivarez was fired for his religious beliefs, according to Truckers News.

Olivarez maintains he was not lying.

"The graph on there is strictly Ramiro Olivarez. And Jesus is my co-driver, and that's my belief, that He's with me," he tells KRGV.

Was he fired for his religious beliefs or was he falsifying records? What do you think?

• 212 posts
    February 17, 2015 9:09 AM CET

He was fired for his religious belief.Apparemtly,they could not handle his guts.I see this happen in official environment a lot. Jesus is kept out of office in the name of professionalism. We can talk sex,eduction and politics in the office but when we i bring up Jesus,the atmosphere changes and people really shy away from such discussion. If the owner of the comapany was a believer,i bet you the man woud not be sacked.

• 119 posts
    February 17, 2015 12:46 PM CET

Absolutely, and i believe the Lord will vindicate him. there is always a reward for standing up for Jesus!