Forums » Singles' Discussion

I love him but don't like his family

• May 29, 2016 6:00 AM CEST
    We met when he returned to Nigeria after his masters in the UK, we got engaged shortly after but realised his family are not really accepting me maybe because I did not come from a wealthy family but at least my family are doing well. He tried to cover this reactions by showering me with special care and gift but deep within me i'm not happy.We met when he returned to Nigeria after his masters in the UK, we got engaged shortly after but realised his family are not really accepting me maybe because I did not come from a wealthy family but at least my family are doing well. He tried to cover this reactions by showering me with special care and gift but deep within me i'm not happy and I don't like his family . Please advise me on what to do before I go ahead in marriage with him.

• May 29, 2016 8:13 AM CEST
    It isn't really about His family but about the both of you, along d line d family will get to like you and until then you have to treat them with all the respect they deserve. Love grows and if dey see their son truely loves you and is serious with you, dey will have no other option dan to accept you
  • May 29, 2016 2:26 PM CEST

I won't be telling you whether to go ahead with the marriage or not, but i will say this. No matter where you're from, you never only marry just each other. I'm not talking about marry literally...if you marry a man, you're marrying his family as well. It's not always a good idea to stay in a relationship with a man whose family doesn't like you or whose family you cannot stand. These people are becoming you family by marriage.

You can pray that they come to love you...God is able to change the hearts of men. Ultimately, it's your choice though...if you enter into it willingly, you need to know you have to be the one that tries harder with them...because even though they have no real basis not to like you, they'll feel they have a right to their dislike. The fruits of the Spirit will come really handy....make a concious effort to develop them and also ask God to help you in developing them.

God bless you and i wish you the very best

• 73 posts
    May 29, 2016 7:39 PM CEST
    My dear, marriage does not exist for just two persons who loves themselves dearly alone, you will marrying his family entirely. I'm telling you from my own personal experience. When l married my late husband, l actually was accepted by his family but along the line there were issues, challenges that threatened but by the special grace of God l remained neutral - not siding my man nor his people. Now that he is died, if l sided him, your guess will be as good as mine, they would have dealt with me but l'm still loved and cherished. Therefore, All you require now is serious prayers since the heart of Kings are in God's hands, He is able to change them so you'll marry both them and your hubby otherwise quit. I have also seen where the family never approved of their son getting married to someone they never liked but along the line, after so much fight and struggle, there mind got changed and peace reigned. All is in your hands anyway. Your prayer life, character and behavior matters alot. Depend wholly on God my dear. Goodluck!
  • June 1, 2016 6:57 PM CEST
    <p>My advise is inline with Madam Akudo....pray and let God help you take a decision. the Heart of Kings are in God's hands..what is God saying about the mattarem have you sought His face and counsel? Most importantly, He sees what you don't see. He sees the hearts of his family, He knows tomorrow. For you, show love at all times, do not be found wanting. God bless and help you.</p>