Forums » Singles' Discussion

He went to my parent without my consent

• June 6, 2016 6:50 AM CEST
    There is this man in my village that wants to seek my hand in marriage but I don't love him and he has never even said anything to me, he just went straight to my parent just because he is well to do.I told my parent I don't want to marry him because I don't love him and besides I don't think he is the right person for me. Though my mother supported my decision but my dad was adamant saying I'm being disobedient to my parent and God and that what he's doing is totally biblical . I don't understand him, if it's proper for parent in this time and age to pressure their children against their wish. Please I need a sincere advice.
    • 194 posts
    June 6, 2016 12:18 PM CEST
    <p>Sis, it is not right and not advisable for your parents to choose for you whom to marry.</p>
    <p>So, beyond feelings, go to God in prayers about this person and the whole issue. If you are convinced that he isnt God's plan for you, pls put your foot down and refuse with humility.</p>
    <p>Dont be pressured from any quarters. As long as you stand your ground in prayers and with respect, God will settle it for you.</p>