Forums » Singles' Discussion

She said he can't marry from my family

• June 16, 2016 6:55 AM CEST
    We've been together for over a year and decided to go ahead with our wedding, then suddenly his mother is saying he can't marry from my family because we have a history of late child bearing and polygamy. I felt so disappointed at this new development, though my fiancé is less concerned but the issue is getting to become a serious challenge. Please what is your advise, should I leave or stay?
    • 194 posts
    June 16, 2016 9:56 AM CEST
    <p>How can you ask whether you should leave or stay? What word did God give to you when you went ahead into this relationship?</p>
    <p>You dont just chicken out of challenges if you have God behind you. Go gack to God, agree together in prayer, stand in one mind, fear not!!!</p>
    <p>Never express your fear, speak faith always, God will help you to overcome any storm if you can just believe!</p>
    • 73 posts
    June 16, 2016 2:42 PM CEST
    2Timothy 1:7 - God has not given us the spirit of fear but of love, power and of a sound mind. HALLELUJAH! As an Eagle not a chicken, you should know what you want. Spread out your wings dearie, pray to God like never before. Those words has come to limit your Joy and growth, you need to stand your feet and reject them. Okay, assuming you run to another guy and the mother also says another thing or the sisters this time what will you do. The text above should be your strength, you will overcome. Just pray your way out and it shall be well with you in Jesus mighty name. Amen. The same mouth that said all those will come and rejoice with you for sure. Trust God and exercise faith my friend. SHALOM!
  • June 22, 2016 2:06 AM CEST
    In addition to your prayers, tell your fiance that he needs to take the role of your protector. If he wants to marry you, then he needs to stand up and make it clear to his family. Remind him that as children of God you are not under the curse so polygamy and late child bearing does not pertain to you.
    This post was edited by Oladimeji Famuyiwa at June 22, 2016 2:07 AM CEST