Forums » Singles' Discussion

Am I being disobedient?

• June 30, 2016 7:59 AM CEST
    I had an experience back in the university where the Lord spoke to me clearly in a vision that I would be a minister of the gospel to my generation. This was also confirmed during my service year and after I've prayed about it I told my parents who immediately opposed me saying I've lost my mind. I was determined to go ahead but recently started feeling I'm being disobedient to my parents. Please kindly advise me?
    • 194 posts
    June 30, 2016 9:28 AM CEST
    <p>It is good you have the conviction that you are being called into the ministry. But this conviction isnt enough.</p>
    <p>God can have a plan for you, do you know when? Do you know how? Do you know through whom? If your parents ask you these questions you wont be able to answer.</p>
    <p>Hence you need to hear clearer from God on these things...You cant force the voice of God, If you will just pay attention, God will speak at His own time.</p>
    <p>My advice for you is that in the mean time, while waiting on God for mission, vision or direction, Get busy. Get a Job, learn a skill, grow yourself.</p>
    <p>This will satisfy your parents for now, till God speaks on the change of direction. Learn from Jesus who was able to satisfy His parents while with them for sometime, before starting off his ministry fully.</p>
    <p>Write the vision down, dont forget it!</p>