Forums » Ladies Forum

The Marriage Vow

• 300 posts
    July 10, 2016 12:24 AM CEST
    Today I attended a wedding and was looking forward to the time of exchange of vows. Now what is a Vow. A vow is more than a promise, it's a Convenant between two or more persons. When you take a vow, you abide to do that thing, until something breaks it. Now the Marriage vow, is very unique especially with God being a witness between the couple.So it's 3 people taking the vows,; God, groom and Bride. You are making a vow to God about that person and you promise not to break it regardless of whatever happens, until death do you part. Wow! Really a strong one. So ladies, I ask you to be wise in deciding whom you want to make that vow to. Even scripture says it, what therefore God has joined together, let no man put asunder(Mark 10:8) . God hates divorce. Marriage is honorable in all and the bed undefiled(Hebrew 13:4) , Let's remember that. It is honourable and to be respected. These are things that should be known before you enter into the marriage institution. There should be no end point to marriage while here on earth. God is the author of this institution, and we know nothing compared to him. Oh yes, we know nothing...even he said it in his words, My thoughts are not your thought, neither are your ways my ways.......(Isaiah 55:8). The way he thinks about marriage is far different from ours. So we should ask him to lead us, give us the best, for us to accept his leading, give us wisdom, grace and help us even in this journey of Marriage. Remain Blessed