Forums » Singles' Discussion

His mother said I'm not welcomed

• July 21, 2016 7:49 AM CEST
    We started our relationship when we went abroad for our masters and it was on a very good note, when we finished and we decided we would see our parents and formally inform them about our intention of getting married . He visited my parents and it was an exciting visit, it was mine to visit when he began to postpone my visit more than three times and I began to get worried, he later told me his mom wanted him to marry someone else and therefore I'm not welcomed. This is so embarrassing and heartbroken. Please what should I do?
    • 2 posts
    July 21, 2016 9:47 AM CEST
    The only thing you can do is to seek the face of GOD, let God confirm his will to you. To you, he is the right person but have You seek the face of God to know God's will.
    HOW TO TEST THE WILL OF GOD
    Having known d wil of God,dere r several ways we can test it
    1. Peace test: U will just av an unexplainable peace of mind with d person...u feel a kind of joy within u
    2.PURE LOVE TEST: U realize dat uve got genuine love for d person dat u can even fathom
    3. PHYSICIAN TEST: U will be compatible medically including ur genotype nd blood group.
    4. PASTORS TEST: U will also receive a go ahead or confirmation frm ur spiritual heads
    5. PARENTS TEST: Both parents will b in support of ur relationships.
    6.PATIENCE TEST: True love dey say will endure d test of tym.
    7. PROMISE test: Your relationships will be backed up by certain promises frm God n d bible
    Having done all dis, u can be rest assured dat u r inline with God
  • July 22, 2016 2:36 PM CEST
    All these tests.... Hmmmm. There are some beautiful marriages that the parents weren't in total support @ the beginning but later on accepted it wholly.
    If the young man loves you as he must have professed then he should prayerfully make his family understand thay this is what he wants not what the mother has planned for him. (It is baffling sha, are we still in the age when parents impose life partners on us). The man should man up and stand for what he wants.
    If he will not, sisi pray to God to mend your broken heart and move on. That man will not stand up for you even in the marriage.