Forums » Singles' Discussion

He doesn't believe anything I say due to my past

• July 30, 2016 7:38 AM CEST
    I've had a very rough life, my past was so battered and messy but I found Jesus and He saved me. After few months of my new birth I met this young man and he proposed marriage to me but I did not have the guts to tell him what I've been through. Unfortunately one of his friends was involved in my past, he saw both of us together and he just told him what I used to be. It was terrible and disheartening but as God would have it we came back miraculously but ever since then I found out he always find it hard in trusting me. Please what should I do because I don't think I can cope with such a relationship.

This post was edited by Akinbulu Oluwatomilola Oluwatomisin at July 30, 2016 9:18 AM CEST
    • 2 posts
    July 30, 2016 8:44 AM CEST
    well, true and long lasting relationships are built on trust. if he cannot trust you now he won't in marriage and it will only get worse. I understand your fears about not wanting to disclose your past initially, but now at least its out and you have dealt with that but he seems too not have gotten over it. I also understand is initial reaction but if he has agreed to stay, he has to deal with it and move on. but if he's unwilling, it is unhealthy for you because you will ever be trying to gain a trust he's not willing to give, and no one can live like that. so decide what you want but this is really not a healthy relationship. one thing you must be ever be proud about is that now you are saved. do not allow yourself, anyone, your past past and even your future steal that reality from you.
    • 3 posts
    July 30, 2016 9:28 PM CEST
    You are now a completely new creation, and there's nothing that attaches you with who you were before you were born again. No one should ever judge you by who you were before you were born again. None of us had a glorious life before salvation. God has great things in store for you l, they are already happening to you now Isa 43:18-19, a reason we must never swell on our filthy Past. Be strong, there's nothing you need to fear. God is the giver of everything, and whatsoever doesn't come from Him won't stay with you. Tell Him the truth; that you are no longer who you are before. Be serous about who you are now, taking care not to let anyone drag you to the past.You don't need to beg for acceptance, God is making you completely new and glorious such that you'll be too relevant to be neglected. So stand strong, stand tall , stand glorious.Lastly, Pray that God's will be done.