Forums » Singles' Discussion

My mother doesn't want me to get married

• August 2, 2016 7:38 AM CEST
    During my undergraduate days I came home with a young man that I really loved and he was ready to marry me but unfortunately my mother said No that I wasn't ready for that though I understood her reasons so I had to let the guy go even though it was really difficult for me. After my Msc the same thing happened, now that i'm working, age is not on my side and it seems the number of suitors are declining and my mum is still saying NO. I'm beginning to think otherwise about her but I don't want to hurt her since its just both of us since I lost my father at a tender age. Please what should I do?
    • 16 posts
    August 2, 2016 9:23 AM CEST
    This is a bit strange because if it's just the two of you as you said she should be eager to see her grandchildren by putting pressure on you to marry. In as much as you don't want to hurt her this is a matter of destiny. She might feel no one will take care of her the way you do if you leave. So you need to assure her that you will always be there for her even when you get married and that you can't afford to remain single forever. Also pray that God should give you a home that will make it convenient for you to take care of her as long as she lives. It's not very easy to break such bond between a mother and her child.