Forums » Singles' Discussion

She lied to me about her past

• August 3, 2016 7:31 AM CEST
    I met this young lady through a very good friend of mine and we became very close so soon, we hung out together very often and things seem to go on fine but I was disappointed when she had an argument with one of her flat mates and you know how ladies can be very loud so I overheard their argument and the lady said some silly things about her. Then I summoned courage and asked her, then she began to cry. I was disappointed and heartbroken, I do have feelings for her but I don't want to build my relationship on lies and deceit. Please what should I do?
    • 16 posts
    August 3, 2016 9:22 AM CEST
    Have you specifically asked her about her past and she lied to you before now? If yes then you have to pray seriously and reconsider the relationship. But if not I don't think you have enough reason to judge her for not opening up to you. Another point is how long have you been together? If you have not been together for long there is no way she would have opened up completely to you. You also need to be sure if her flat mate was saying the truth. Above all go to God in prayer ???? and get assurance as to whether to continue the relationship or not. I pray ???? that God will guide you in your decision making.