Forums » Singles' Discussion

We've been engaged for so long

• August 9, 2016 6:35 AM CEST
    I met my fiancé 8years ago and we got engaged 3years ago but ever since the engagement things are no longer the same, he's always after one course or the other, we are both financially ok but I just don't understand him. The both parents have talked and talked but he seems not just ready. I'm also tired of waiting as i'm not getting any younger. Please what should I do?
    • 6 posts
    August 9, 2016 9:31 AM CEST
    I think u should pray abt it den confront him
    • 194 posts
    August 9, 2016 1:50 PM CEST
    Speaking from a male point of view, your man is not thinking along the 'age line' like you are doing. Hence he is focused on his career and finances and Ego probably.

The thing is while getting engaged you both should have talked about a timing, not leaving it open. You see, asides the age factor, leaving the engagement this long makes you susceptible to wearied passion and temptations of the flesh.

Hence I advice you to take time to pray on what God is saying about the timing of your marriage, hear God speak and direct you expressly. (If possible this should be done by both of you)

However if you do it alone, when you get a confirmation from God, approach him, talk to him respectfully and lovingly but be firm. YES, be firm about what God has said, let him see your seriousness.

A real man seeing your stance will be driven to seek God too and make necessary decisions and steps.