Forums » Singles' Discussion

I don't feel attracted to her anymore

• August 12, 2016 7:30 AM CEST
    My girlfriend and I have been together for 3 years now, we were friends prior to our entering into this relationship and it was clear from the onset that we both wanted to have a relationship that would end up into marriage. We are both Christians, attend the same church, are both active in the ministry and also in our relationship with Christ. This was the first serious relationship for both of us. My problem now is that I don’t feel attracted to her the same way anymore, we had a little misunderstanding which we've settled.
    However, after that, it was like a switch had been flipped. I no longer missed her when we were apart, I didn’t really look forward to hearing from her (texts or calls), I still care about her and don’t want to see her hurt but I just don’t feel like I want to marry her. I’ve prayed and prayed that God would either restore those feelings or else end the relationship in a way that is mutual and agreeable.
    The other side of the coin is she is a wonderful woman. She loves God and I know she loves me a ton. I’m afraid that if I did find a way to move on, I would end up regretting it. I’m just so confused and I have absolutely no idea what I should do. Any advice or help you can offer would be tremendously appreciated.

• 35 posts
    August 12, 2016 1:05 PM CEST
    What's most important here is that last statement about you feeling you'll regret it if you leave. Sometimes, we have to actively "work" for what we desire. You've hoped for a woman like her, God has given her to you, it's your duty to "beautify" that relationship-both of you of course. What if she's feeling something similar? Go back to when y'all started, what made you drawn to her? You gotta go back there? What were things you did that made her have butterflies? You gotta go back there. Do physical things(not in Jeru trap kinda ways o!) to cement the spiritual.