Forums » Singles' Discussion

My father wants me to marry his friend

• August 16, 2016 7:28 AM CEST
    My dad and I have always been very close and i've always loved him as a daughter should, but I noticed that he doesn't allow me have any boyfriend even when I knew I was old enough to, so I thought he was just protecting me as his first child and only daughter. Anytime I come home with a man that I love my dad will chase them away, he will not even give them audience. Then I summoned courage and asked him what is going on, I asked him if he doesn't want me to marry or was I not old enough to marry at 28years? So he gave me the shock of my life, he told me he has already promised his friend he will marry me since I was born. I was dumbfounded and heartbroken, I lost my mum immediately I was born and since my love for dad had been so intense . I don't know what to do please help me.

This post was edited by Akinbulu Oluwatomilola Oluwatomisin at August 16, 2016 7:31 AM CEST
    • 194 posts
    August 16, 2016 10:37 AM CEST
    Hello, that is sad and unfair of your Dad.

Listen your daddy cannot sell your future for anything! Dont let anyone trade your destiny and happiness for whatever reason.

So let him know that will not be possible. You have your choice to make. He will not be with you in your marriage, so pls dont allow it.
    You need to be firm and prayerful. Dont be emotional about it, let your time not pass you by.

Go ahead and have God's choice in your relationship, dont let daddy's approval disturb you at all. He either wakes up to reality or it will be His loss.

May God help you.
  • August 17, 2016 10:28 AM CEST
    This are things of the past, well i like the way you summon courage to ask him but pls still ask him why he promised his friend his daughter which is you bcos there will be hidden agenda. Just be very prayerful and i pray God will see you through. Shalom!